world feeder bermuda grass

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have been seeing adds for a mutant strain of grass in which it is touted as being far and above other grasses and alfalfa for cattle feed. I have checked their website and it lloks pretty promising. Does any one have any experience with this type of bermuda and is it as good as all the hype claims it to be?
Thanks

guest":2pjcjtgk said:
I have been seeing adds for a mutant strain of grass in which it is touted as being far and above other grasses and alfalfa for cattle feed. I have checked their website and it lloks pretty promising. Does any one have any experience with this type of bermuda and is it as good as all the hype claims it to be?
Thanks
I read the same ads several years ago - but checked with several universities and every one that had tested it said it came in a low 3rd or 4th to anything tested. Sort of like some highly promoted bulls you read about - until you get their sorry calves, then you do not see anything about them again. Bermuda grass is a great grass and there are several varieties out there that will perform in different environments of cold and hot areas.

If you are going to spend the money go with Tifton 85 or Jiggs. Cost more than Costal but out performs every other Bermuda.

Tod

guest":30vjl9me said:
Thanks

We planted a test plot of it about 18 months ago.. didn't impress us at all. Jiggs and Tifton 85 definately out produce it here in Texas