working girl

Help Support CattleToday:

farmwriter

Reaction score
She's not the biggest, friendliest, or flashiest one in the pasture, but this is one of my favorite mama cows. She doesn't cause any trouble, keeps her condition consistently, and raises a heck of a calf early in the season. Just as an exercise in training my eye, I'd love to get some tactful feedback on her, what somebody else sees as her strong and weak points. Thanks to anybody who'd care to reply.
IMG_1821.JPG

IMG_1820.JPG

IMG_1819.JPG

IMG_1824.JPG

Way to narrow at the pins for my liking, but if she makes you money she's a keeper until something better comes along.

A swedish red with a white face!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Sickers - She's a commercial mix.
And I've 'learned to like her' myself. Like I said, she often goes unnoticed because she's quiet and low-maintenance, which is what has endeared her to me, along with the fact that I really like her calves. We've got two of her daughters in the pasture, and a heifer out of her first calf as well, and they are all quiet and low-maintenance girls too. Think I've got pics of them too somewhere...

Curious as to her age. As long as she produces good calves to me that is what matters. We got a few that most people would cull that produce great calves. Looks like she has a good udder.

A wise man once told me, "Take a look at the cow that comes in with a big stout calf every year without fail and learn to like what she looks like."

I have very few of those but they are still here for that reason.

Sizmic

the title is 'working girl' but I'm not seeing any work getting done, where's the calf?

tom4018 - She wasn't born here. I think without checking records she was born 04, bought in 05 and her first calf was 06.
Robert - didn't mean to mislead, just meant she's a pure pasture girl - no primping or pampering. Her most recent calf was a male and is in some feedlot by now.

Latest posts