Work for the day

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Here is the list of what we did today, I'm really getting some good hands on experience. We did this to heifers and bull calfs:

1. Tatooed ears on ones that needed it
2. Wormed
3. Ear tags
4. Vaccinated with 3 different vaccines. I'm not realy sure what these were.
5. Measured scrotum size on bulls
6. Measured shoulder height(I think I'm saying that right)
7. Weighed all of them
8. Doctored a few warts on some faces
9. Almost got kicked about 10 times
10. Picked out one good looking heifer to show at some local fairs.

We did 48 heifer and bull calfs. Oh yeah, got kind of charged by one of the young bull calfs(about a 600 pounder) I just got oout of the way in time and he hit his face/nose on a post pretty good and then left me alone.

We Vaccinated for Blackleg and Pinkeye, Banded, Wormed, and Burned horns on 16 bull calves today.

Mongoose":m4rnbi43 said:
We Vaccinated for Blackleg and Pinkeye, Banded, Wormed, and Burned horns on 16 bull calves today.

Yes, I think Blackleg was one of them, not sure of the others. Where is Niota?

Mongoose":221ep2fl said:
In Between Athens and Sweetwater. McMinn County. Where do you live?

O.K. now I know where it is. I live 15 miles west of Nashville. I'm in Davidson county just barely. All the work I do with the cattleman I help is in Cheatham and Montgomery Co.

We had a good day too....got up late, fed and watered the cows and chickens....grandkids come over and gathered the eggs and delivered beef.
Another day on the Crack O' Noon retirement ranch....
DMc

Susie David":15fqzpcy said:
We had a good day too....got up late, fed and watered the cows and chickens....grandkids come over and gathered the eggs and delivered beef.
Another day on the Crack O' Noon retirement ranch....
DMc

That sounds like a nice day, maybe a little eaiser than mine but none the less important. :)

tncattle":1yz0vodb said:
Mongoose":1yz0vodb said:
In Between Athens and Sweetwater. McMinn County. Where do you live?

O.K. now I know where it is. I live 15 miles west of Nashville. I'm in Davidson county just barely. All the work I do with the cattleman I help is in Cheatham and Montgomery Co.

=-O I know where that is, your a good 3 hour drive from me.

tncattle said:
Here is the list of what we did today, I'm really getting some good hands on experience. We did this to heifers and bull calfs:

I'm pretty sure you would have some reluctance if you were tryin' to do that on me as well! :shock:

Earl Thigpen":2dxm6jhl said:
tncattle":2dxm6jhl said:

I'm pretty sure you would have some reluctance if you were tryin' to do that on me as well! :shock:

Let me clarify, we obviously didn't measure the heifers :lol: And most of the kicking came whem I was pushing them through the shoot. Actually the bulls were better behaved than the heifers. It seems his bulls are calmer than the heifers overall. But there were some bulls that weren't to happy about getting the scrotums measured, can't say I blame them. We are going to be castrating some at the end of the month. I got a pretty good feeling that they won't like that too much :shock: