Wolf?

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching":ecq3yjr3 said:
When ever a Coyote ventures into Wolf territory he is dispersed of quickly, they don't get along at all. Wolves will kill and eat coyotes.

That is what all of the documentaries I've seen said(and showed in graphic detail, I might add), too. But, that is also a pack environment vs a lone coyote. Perhaps it's different if a lone wolf encounters a lone coyote in the wild?

that is a hybrid 3/4 wolf 1/4 malmute he dont belong to me the person he belongs to had to get a permit to keep him in town.

folks in these parts usually keep their dogs in a pen or tied so when they are not home the dogs arent traveling around causeing problems.

msscamp":3ot81r9t said:
mnmtranching":3ot81r9t said:
When ever a Coyote ventures into Wolf territory he is dispersed of quickly, they don't get along at all. Wolves will kill and eat coyotes.

That is what all of the documentaries I've seen said(and showed in graphic detail, I might add), too. But, that is also a pack environment vs a lone coyote. Perhaps it's different if a lone wolf encounters a lone coyote in the wild?

I don't think so. The two species have been around for millions of years, if they interbred I believe it would have become 1 species way before humans entered the picture. I think nature has fire stops as far as interbreeding goes. I know there are rare cases when White Tail interbreed with Mule Deer, but in that case the off spring is sterile, same with donkey and horse. Anyway, just my thoughts.

dewey":kbxawc5i said:
that is a hybrid 3/4 wolf 1/4 malmute he dont belong to me the person he belongs to had to get a permit to keep him in town.

folks in these parts usually keep their dogs in a pen or tied so when they are not home the dogs arent traveling around causeing problems.

This is one time when I think there should be a law or some organization should step in. I believe that animal is mostly wolf.
And most likely will spend his whole life on that chain. and if he broke free would be a real threat to anything he encountered.

Silly scientists. What do they know.
:lol:
The success of the northeastern North Carolina red wolf program also provides a heretofore unavailable opportunity to learn more about red wolf biology, behavior, and ecology, such as the relationship between coyotes and red wolves. Interbreeding between coyotes and red wolves contributed to red wolf endangerment after poisoning, killing and habitat loss had reduced their numbers.

Understanding this phenomenon is important for red wolf recovery, but may also have implications for the recovery of other species. In the years since it was first identified in red wolves, such interbreeding has been identified in other species of wild canids, such as the gray wolf.

http://www.fws.gov/southeast/news/1999/r99-007.html

ALX

mnmtranching":2osisro2 said:
dewey":2osisro2 said:

This is one time when I think there should be a law or some organization should step in. I believe that animal is mostly wolf.
And most likely will spend his whole life on that chain. and if he broke free would be a real threat to anything he encountered.

the law did step in on that deal. i dont know the all the details. the hybrid was taken from someone in a bust. there was two of them i have no idea what happened to the female. both was just pups at the time. the guy raised that one from a pup. he had to get certified and have some kinda license etc. he volunteered to take him has to have a 6 foot fence etc i dont know what all else the deal is. i was visitin and he asked me if i wanted to see his biggest chihuahua. he was very shy would stand behind his house building etc and just look until the guy came up then he came too him. he has chihuahua's too and he has never been agressive towards them or any person is what i was told. he asked me if i wanted to pet him i told him 30 foot from him was close enough for me. i asked if he minded if we took a picture of him he said no go ahead. you dont see stuff like that around here every day. myself i dont care to mess with something like that.

Latest posts