With this cold weather and snow.. I'm forming a caravan. Who's coming?

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75

Reaction score
Looks like a pretty nice place to relax and enjoy a winter...

Anyone want to come?

gn-gift_guide_variable_c.jpg

hondurasguide.jpg

images

38c41097_z.jpg

honduras.jpg

caraibi-honduras.jpg

-2 below zero here last night.... so guess I'll wait until it gets cold. :)

Seriously though the cold weather seems to be 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule this year, though I've heard predictions of milder than average winter expected.

ddd75":3kkxb92h said:

Anyone want to come?

Typical vacation getaway spots. Been to most of them. You normally don't have to go a mile or two outside these places to find the native habitats and ways of living.

TexasBred":3sc38hws said:
ddd75":3sc38hws said:

Anyone want to come?

Typical vacation getaway spots. Been to most of them. You normally don't have to go a mile or two outside these places to find the native habitats and ways of living.

Was in Mexico a few years ago and on one side of the highway were tons of nice resorts. On the other side, the people were living in squalor.

Been to alot of places also, going to Punta Cana at the end of January, still hard to beat Costa Rica, one of my favorites, even fun to be around the locals.

haase":3i9zxffj said:
Been to alot of places also, going to Punta Cana at the end of January, still hard to beat Costa Rica, one of my favorites, even fun to be around the locals.
I'll second Costa Rica. Great people, great scenery and great prices, last time I was there I was on a volcano, under a 200ft waterfall in a rainforest and got peed on by a monkey out of a palm tree all in the same day. If anyone's feeling adventurous fly into San Jose, rent a Jeep and set the GPS for Puerto Viejo and stay at the Cariblu Hotel on the Ocean. Just don't stop in Limon, I've heard it's a rough city.
My brothers been to Punta Cana Haase, he said it was awesome also.

Steve, we stayed on the other side, one night we went to coco beach, was some big rodeo week, we went there was a big parade down the mainstreet, we watched some of the best horses from Costa Rica and hung out with the locals, great people.

greybeard":3gpb3yuz said:
Dave":3gpb3yuz said:
I raise cattle. As a result I can't afford to go on winter vacations like that.
Dave....you live on the kind of property people would and do pay big $$ to visit.
Maybe so but not so much during the winter. In fact there are times in the winter when one better have the pantry full because you can't go to town.

ddd75":mkp2r61b said:

Anyone want to come?

hondurasguide.jpg

images

38c41097_z.jpg

honduras.jpg

caraibi-honduras.jpg

Sorry but I Gotta work ddd. But say why don't you post pics of yourself in paradise to give us poor folks hope of living the life of a REAL multimillionaire.

ddd75":22o71yh6 said:

Anyone want to come?

hondurasguide.jpg

images

38c41097_z.jpg

honduras.jpg

caraibi-honduras.jpg

Sorry but I Gotta work ddd. But say why don't you post pics of yourself in paradise to give us poor folks hope of living the life of a REAL multimillionaire.

Go spend 2 years at Guantanamo Bay Cuba Fence....that'll cure your hankering for 'tropical paradise', but then, you might be right at home.....except for about 1 month/year, it's a feggin desert for the most part, with prickly pear and some other kind of long tall cactus. When I stepped off the plane the first time, I thought we had landed in Midland/Odessa......

I have an uncle that was stationed at Guantanamo, I think it was in the early or mid 70's, he said they have all the mangoes you can eat there and the fishing was good.

ga.prime":1z86nzy5 said:
I have an uncle that was stationed at Guantanamo, I think it was in the early or mid 70's, he said they have all the mangoes you can eat there and the fishing was good.
He is right about the fishing (i was there in 75 and 76)
I never saw any mangoes but caught/ate lots of langusta and red and mangrove snapper but dang it was hot, dry and dusty with rocks everywhere except water's edge..

Latest posts