Wish me luck

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
I have an interview today. I have a job and have always had a job, but I am tired of working on cars and trucks. I have a chance at a maintenance position in a factory. I will interview today and may know something. After 23 years of turning wrenches I hope I get it. It will be a change but I think I will like it.

I am to good hearted. I would go in on weekends or stay late to finish something up with no extra pay or thanks. I know how it is to not have a car so I try and look at it from the customers point of view. Wish me luck, I really want this.

Remember that when push comes to shove your crappy work ethic of wanting to get the job done will still raise it's ugly head.

How about opening up your own shop?

I've worked in a factory since I was 20, it's not for everybody. And I think I fit into the latter category.

23 years is a long time to do the same thing. Don't see that much anymore. Hope things work out to your liking!

Good luck if that is what you want go for it, because as you get older your body will not do what you want it to do. I went into a supervisor position and the most stressful part was working employees because you have good employees and the ones that care less, they just do enough to get by and not get fired. It was like talking to a brick wall, no motivation.

i was a GM mechanic for about 13 years, i grew to hate it. it was during the sht years of the 80s.. thats one job you dont have to back out the door from the pay window with your check..... you can bet you earned it,,i still work on my own equipment,,,,,,,,,,hope you get it ... :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":162wfyhs said:
i was a GM mechanic for about 13 years, i grew to hate it. it was during the sht years of the 80s.. thats one job you dont have to back out the door from the pay window with your check..... you can bet you earned it,,i still work on my own equipment,,,,,,,,,,hope you get it ... :cowboy:

I have worked in a gm dealership since 1998 ( I hate the flat rate system, I can make money and good money, but I hate to defraud the company)

The 80's you got to work on them junk electronic carbs with the tps built in. Had to saw the plugs out or drill them out and adjust them. I dont miss that at all.

cfpinz":142m60tx said:
How about opening up your own shop?

I've worked in a factory since I was 20, it's not for everybody. And I think I fit into the latter category.

To much paper work for me and the family. Just dont really want to do it any more. I like the tractors, but they are different, just getting to hate pulling engines and transmissions in the cars and trucks. I like the driveablity issues and am good at them
I am just tired of the phone calls at home ( hey I got a so and so and it does so and so what is wrong with it) I usually try and help them but as someone said I am getting older and want to just spend more time with the family and the cows.

I got a second interview later next week so that sounds good.

The job is for Prince Agri services. I think they make mineral? Dont know that much yet. They just had a job fair and I E-mailed my resume and they called me. They called one of my old bosses and he called me and said they wanted some one they could reley on to come to work. He said better stay away from me :lol: :lol: ( he was just kidding) said he gave me a steller recomendation.

Thanks for all the luck guys and gals.

dun":3r2mb5g3 said:
Remember that when push comes to shove your crappy work ethic of wanting to get the job done will still raise it's ugly head.

Yea I know. Still does and probably always will. Like John Wayne said ( were burning daylight)

mining is rough dirty heavy werk in the worst weather..and is typically unstable as the economy is

i work in a factory making tropicana orange juice as a maint mech aeseptic welder..good pay and bennys but i hate the job..no satisfaction in it at all...been at it for 22 yrs...pays the most so i keep doin it tho.
inside thankfully..heavy out of position work that taxes yer joints...but it pays the most...sometime 7 days a week for mons on end...12 hr days is common..never know when yer goin home

but it gives me and my family the things i want if i spend enuff time here...cuz it pays the most

JHH":3hv0ityp said:
ALACOWMAN":3hv0ityp said:

I have worked in a gm dealership since 1998 ( I hate the flat rate system, I can make money and good money, but I hate to defraud the company)

The 80's you got to work on them junk electronic carbs with the tps built in. Had to saw the plugs out or drill them out and adjust them. I dont miss that at all.
exactly,, electronic metering rods,, i had a special tool stuck in every orifice and digital mutimeter,,, nightmare.... i got folks asking all the time....do you have that machine that tells you what wrong with my car :lol2: ive been tempted to make a sign that reads 65.00 to hook vehicle to wonder machine :cowboy:

JHH":1pgd9b1z said:
I am just tired of the phone calls at home ( hey I got a so and so and it does so and so what is wrong with it) I usually try and help them but as someone said I am getting older and want to just spend more time with the family and the cows.

Only way to stop that is get rid of the phone.

I don't mind those calls at all depending on the person. The folks who exhaust their other measures first and really don't want to bother you are the ones that I love to help. Then there's those who call every time you turn around wanting a free ride, they get old real quick.

Best of luck.

cfpinz":ulgtixig said:
JHH":ulgtixig said:

I don't mind those calls at all depending on the person. The folks who exhaust their other measures first and really don't want to bother you are the ones that I love to help. Then there's those who call every time you turn around wanting a free ride, they get old real quick.
Best of luck.
you mean relative's :cowboy:

cfpinz":2v472lxs said:
JHH":2v472lxs said:

Best of luck.

I walked in the door this morning from having cataract surgery to the phone ringing. It was one of my customers wanting me to spend an hour looking at the computer to help him find something. I said I'm not supposed to do that today blah blah blah. His answer was I thought your were supposed to be there for me when I need help.

The BS never changes just the names and faces.

3waycross":2dmizbuk said:
cfpinz":2dmizbuk said:
JHH":2dmizbuk said:

Best of luck.

I walked in the door this morning from having cataract surgery to the phone ringing. It was one of my customers wanting me to spend an hour looking at the computer to help him find something. I said I'm not supposed to do that today blah blah blah. His answer was I thought your were supposed to be there for me when I need help.

The BS never changes just the names and faces.
Hopefully you followed Doctor orders and took it easy!

Latest posts