Wiring Surprise

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Been working on repairing some broken wooden planks up at our corral. Well there were a couple that were a tad too long to fit.
So I ran several extension cords from the corral to the shop nearby. There was an extension cord right by the door so I just plugged into it without a thought and cut my boards.
I could smell something burning while I was cutting, thought I had a dull blade.
Nope.

I found the extension cord that my FIL had wired into a 220 outlet. I fried the skil saw, but luckily not myself. I am hopping mad that he had adapted a 110 plug to a 220 current. :devil2:

Hubby told me this after the fact. He went to town and got a new skil saw.

Your lucky it didn't kill you!
A man that worked with my dad several yrs ago plugged his Travel trailer into a 220 outlet by accident and he is no longer with us

Not being rude but is your FIL a little on the idiot side for wiring anything 220 upto a 110 type plug
I can see no reason for this at all

glad you are ok

Has this man always been nutty or is this something he's gradually slipped into? My dad slipped into some really strange behavior
over the years,it was so slow we didn't notice until someone else said something.

Peg he passed away in '04 so I can't ask him why he did that.
Hubby said he did that years ago, but for some reason I'm expected to know this. :roll:

Going to buy a cordless circular saw for our wedding anniversary :D

I think it's the first year SHE finds out she needs one.
Oh,you better find out what else you don't know. Ask spicific questions to jar his memory,men can't read minds :roll:

peg4x4":14ir93vl said:
Oh,you better find out what else you don't know. Ask spicific questions to jar his memory,men can't read minds :roll:
Pretty good at ingnoring "hints" also. :nod:

peg4x4":1y965juj said:
Peg, you have to be one of the smartest women in the world. If other women could just grasp this idea the world would be so much better :clap: :lol:

Peg I always find out the things he "forgot" to tell me after the fact. Yes it drives me crazy.
Like the time I blew a tire on my horse trailer, he "forgot" that he took my spare tire off and didn't put it back on.
I locked it in my tack compartment. :lol2:

He knew I was going to use the skil saw, he even told me where it was, he just didn't tell me to NOT use that plug.

I have a really nice rolling pin, do you think that will "jar" his memory enough? Or should I use my cast iron skillet instead? ;-) :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Skillet for sure..you gotta use something harder than his head! :lol2: Sometimes I swear if they wern't so good at opening jar lids,there wouldn't be a man left in the world. :nod:

I luv herfrds":cky0ancl said:
Peg he passed away in '04 so I can't ask him why he did that.
Hubby said he did that years ago, but for some reason I'm expected to know this. :roll:

Going to buy a cordless circular saw for our wedding anniversary :D

Disconnect that plug before someone gets killed. If it has been that way since prior to '04, you've been extremely lucky for five years already.

One of the really good cordless circular saws are good for ten cuts. Most are good for about two.

BTW you might want to change that outlet to a 220 plugin---neverknow when you might need one--But do it SOON!!!

so glad that your ok.you coudve gotten a big jolt from that bad cord.next time check the cord before you plug it in.

Latest posts