Wiring question. Need some confidence.

Help Support CattleToday:

OzssieDave19

Reaction score
Hi guys, here is a strange one. I have always done my own wiring up. Always done a good job. New wire, heat shrink, tubing and cable ties with good crimp on connectors.

I have wired up driving lights on my Kubota. I ran a commercial wiring loom supplied with the light bar from the battery it went as far as under the seat. Then I have extended it up the roll bar and split it so that it fed the light bar on the front and 2 x square LED lights on the back. It's fused at the battery.

Because I I lack a little confidence at this point in my life I feel worried it's not good enough. There should be no problems should there and if there was a short of a problem the fuse would safe quard me?
Thanks.

Fuse should protect you, assuming it is the right amperage for the wiring size you used and the wiring is the right size for the full load of the lights.

Fuse should be as close to the battery or power source as possible, and sized appropriately.

As long as that is done there is nothing to worry about.

Atimm693 said:
Fuse should be as close to the battery or power source as possible, and sized appropriately.

As long as that is done there is nothing to worry about.

Yup, I'd draw off ignition hot if you have a habit of being forgetful.. nothing worse than a dead battery

LED lights don't need a lot of power, most of them are 1-2 amps each with bigger LED bars being about 10 amps max.. At this power draw relays are usually not needed.

Yeah thanks guys. Fuse is on battery. Is supplied 30amp fuse which seems big for LED. I have done a great job, I just doubt my self sometimes.

Latest posts