wiring fire massey ferg

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
pto harness burnt up on my new to me tractor...bout 3-4 hrs into mowin and it blows a huge cloud of elec stink in my face..melted the pto harness into a big gob..100 for a new one if i do the labor which i hafta cuz i cant afford a shop rate..jus sucks is all

btw..the dealer charges me for shipping on parts that he has to order cuz he dont stock em...that seems kind a crappy to me..the only massey dlr i know i can drive to tho..

he said tats common doin alotta bushhoggin on these units...um...so what to i do not mow??? keep the grass off it he says...we shall see

ya know when ya buy somethin used ya never know til ya git it home and take it apart what ya really bought...

gary

Gary,
Sorry you have problems. That was sure a pretty Tractor. You could probly fix it your self, just think it out and get with it. It is probly a short in the harness. Maybe you can rewire the harness and use a seprate fuse which is readly accessable.
Good luck, Tom

Hmm, I would tell them if you have to pay shipping and sales tax. You will go some where's else. Call the dealer the next state over and order the part. You will still pay shipping but not sales tax too. Its not much on $20-30 but with $400-500 plus shipping and tax will add up quick.

High Cotton":3blaxj4f said:
Hmm, I would tell them if you have to pay shipping and sales tax. You will go some where's else. Call the dealer the next state over and order the part. You will still pay shipping but not sales tax too. Its not much on $20-30 but with $400-500 plus shipping and tax will add up quick.

It depends. If the out of state dealer you buy from has a presence in your state then they will be required to collect your state's sales tax. Presence could be a warehouse, an office, another store, a sales rep and all sorts of things. It's pretty broad. I'm not sure if that would apply to that individual dealer or Massey dealers as a whole. If it means Massey dealers as a whole then you would definitely have to pay your state's sales tax.

Also, some states, including here in Illinois, any internet, catalouge or phone sales into their state are required to collect that state's sales tax. If you can physically go to the other state and pick up the part then you might be able to get around it, but then you'll probably have to pay that state's sales tax if they have one.

I'm not 100% clear on that but that's the way I understand it. Maybe someone else can come along and clarify.

dealers that I have used don't charge extra for shipping if you are buying their brand of parts ,in this case MF). Most dealers have a truck from the warehouse coming nearly everyday to restock, so if your part is part of this order shouldn't be any charge for shipping

now if you special order and want it here today or tomorrow they might charge extra, or if you order a part from a different brand equipment it might cost you extra. for example, if they sell bushhog, you will pay shipping because they don't have a truck of those parts coming in every day.

Latest posts