Winter Meat

Help Support CattleToday:

curtis

Reaction score
I got a big fat doe on Thursday, it was a easy shot at 150 yards facing me. i used a 280 AI and a 150 grain nosler BT bullet. Bang flop. I have a friend in a club that has waaaay to many does, 11 came by within an hour. I waited for what i thought was the oldest one. It should be some very good eating. :nod:

curtis":2sv0v08s said:
I got a big fat doe on Thursday, it was a easy shot at 150 yards facing me. i used a 280 AI and a 150 grain nosler BT bullet. Bang flop. I have a friend in a club that has waaaay to many does, 11 came by within an hour. I waited for what i thought was the oldest one. It should be some very good eating. :nod:
I would rather eat an old fat doe anytime
people always talk about how good them little yrlngs are and to me they don't have much flavor and sure ain't much meat on them

Angus Cowman":3ik7j95r said:
curtis":3ik7j95r said:
I would rather eat an old fat doe anytime
people always talk about how good them little yrlngs are and to me they don't have much flavor and sure ain't much meat on them

You are correct Sir, the older deer have better flavor . I' ll cut the tender loins up tomorrow and the rest is at the processor .

curtis":13a4cn9r said:

My favorite cartridge. I am glad to hear of someone on here using it. I have killed several Elk with mine, it is a real thumper if loaded right.

Never could figure out how to cook the antlers where they'd taste worth a flip. I'll take a doe any day.

I agree with ya'll the best meat is the old fat doe.
I'd even venture to say even Boone and Crocket,shot big fat does in there time.
A big nice rack is something to brag about,but that's all its good for.Like Jo said ya can't eat them.

Cal