Wilson_Cattle_Company

Help Support CattleToday:

Like the Chris ledoux song says... its better to ride even if you get thrown than to wind up just wishing you had :hat: Im over forty and duns right it will haunt you later on. rodeo is a great life when your young enjoy it while you can.

dun":yux67fp4 said:
Even if you're only riding in the weekly jackpot rodeos and thinking you aren't damaged, you'll find out different in 20 years or so. Even more in 30, 40, etc.

dun

Dang Dun, you mean there really is a reason why I feel the way I do when I get up in the morning and take 4 Advil with my first cup of coffee to get started? All this time I thought it was just old age. I sure am glad it was caused by all the fun I used to have. :lol:

flaboy+":b8q0qa0a said:
dun":b8q0qa0a said:
Even if you're only riding in the weekly jackpot rodeos and thinking you aren't damaged, you'll find out different in 20 years or so. Even more in 30, 40, etc.

dun

Dang Dun, you mean there really is a reason why I feel the way I do when I get up in the morning and take 4 Advil with my first cup of coffee to get started? All this time I thought it was just old age. I sure am glad it was caused by all the fun I used to have. :lol:

The rodeo deal is what I choose to think it is, surely can;t be age

dun

dun":256c9vgu said:
flaboy+":256c9vgu said:
dun":256c9vgu said:

dun

The rodeo deal is what I choose to think it is, surely can;t be age

dun

Well all I know is I will be riding rodeos for as long as I can I just can't give it up!! Gotta get ready for tomorrow night so gotta run fellers! bye

avery

Funny, when I was his age I thought I could do it forever also. Things started taking longer to heal and the pain started lasting longer. Oh for the days when I thought I was bullet proof.

I rode bulls through high school and for a few years after that and let me tell you I wish to this day I still was doing it. I grew up some I guess, got married and had a little girl and if it wasn't for the chance of something bad happening to me and leaving them two alone, I'd still be doing it, but the wife and little girl mean alot to me. If I was single I suppose I'd still be in there.

As far as the feeling you get.... :D Oh Yeah it's good!;-)

flaboy+":38oy2cni said:
dun":38oy2cni said:

dun

I hear that. If I had it all to do over again, I'd do it all over again.
I never heard the crowd. It was like I was in a world alone. It was simply wonderful.

Ryder":os5nhap9 said:
flaboy+":os5nhap9 said:
dun":os5nhap9 said:

dun

I hear that. If I had it all to do over again, I'd do it all over again.
I never heard the crowd. It was like I was in a world alone. It was simply wonderful.

I hear the crowd and everything around me until the gate flings open and that is the last thing I hear. After that I just watch that horses neck. I don't hear anything until I start walking back to the chutes..

flaboy+":tvo293s1 said:
Funny, when I was his age I thought I could do it forever also. Things started taking longer to heal and the pain started lasting longer. Oh for the days when I thought I was bullet proof.
Yes sir, that is the TRUTH!!!!!
I'm also a 4 advil man!

Dun, you are right on the injuries coming to haunt you later on. You don't realize you are wearing those joints down when they aren't hurting. At work, they used to tell me to slow down or I wouldn't make it. I just thought they were lazy. I kept going at it like killing snakes. Working slow is boring and it makes the day go by slow too. After a few years, I realized what they were talking about. Now when I see some of the younger ones going at in 90 mph, I tell them that how I felt back then and where I am not. It seems impossible that things can wear out when things are working so well.

Latest posts