Wilson_Cattle_Company

Help Support CattleToday:

:D Howdy Chuckie!

Made my time at Medicine lastnight. I feel kind a bad tonight I don't know if I will ride in Newkirk tonight or not :oops: :( :roll: I really wanted to but I dunno.... allergies.... ache all over..... don't know why..... No action pics yet but I will get a collection for ya!

I think I am gunna go to bed............ uuugggggggghhhhhhh...

sneeze...cough....hack.............uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh

Avery, you have a respiratory germ that is going around. Here, it sticks to you hard for about two days, with fever, sore throat, headache, body hurts from the fever, etc.... but then it lets up. After that, your respiratory system has to recover which can take a few days to a few months, depending on what strain you picked up.
But I have faith you will pull through it. Then we will be waiting for those rodeo pictures.
Don't forget to take your medicine!

Avery, It is beginning to look like you didn't take your medicine. I hope that you are still alive and kicking. Maybe Ollie could cut Bez's stay over short, and move in with you till you got to feeling better. Bigbull seems to be feeling better after Ollie left,........un, I mean after he helped take care of him when he was feeling bad.

Chuckie":2edd67tg said:
Avery, It is beginning to look like you didn't take your medicine. I hope that you are still alive and kicking. Maybe Ollie could cut Bez's stay over short, and move in with you till you got to feeling better. Bigbull seems to be feeling better after Ollie left,........un, I mean after he helped take care of him when he was feeling bad.

LOL.... I am better now.. I can finally hold a little cope down :cboy: lol... Ill get them rodeo pics as soon as I find m!

Well I gotta run fellers busy day on the ranch :)

talk to ya later!

FREEDOMRODEO.jpg

Here is that pic you wanted Chuckie! :cowboy: Still looking for more pics... Rachel just E-mailed me this one the otherday I didn't even know she took it! She said she is gunna make Christmas cards and put me n that crazy ol horse on the front! Hope not... not really a good pic...

this was at freedom back in august.... (ACRA) or late july.... don't remember when freedom was... anyway! :cboy: Hope yall like!

P.S. I am a right hander.. had to borrow a riggin that weekend and it so happens it was a lefty I really didn't want to ride with a lefty but I made my time and I think I might just be a tick better with my left hand. :p

as you might notice that hat is smashed :oops: from previous ride... ;-)

just a quick question avery!
if you don't remeber a bronc that you rode, bucked off or otherwise how do think you can beat him better next time!!!
back in the mid 50 to early 60's when i was playing cowboy riding 6+ shows a month used to know all the stock producers and thier stock or knew some one who would tell me what to expect out of the chute.!!! :eek: at that time i could have told you pretty close when who what where and how i done on every ride! :D
did you score on that horse??

LOL! Yeah.. I remember this horse... kinda goofy. I scored with a 65 and horse had 50. Wish that I could have had higher points but as you can see in this picture my spurs left his neck/sholder when he crow hopped on me. I try to remember the horses that I ride how they buck if they are a dink ect... so I can better my self if I run acorss that horse again. In TCRA I stick with only one contractor and his stock because I DO remember all of his stock that I have rode and how they act... (most of them anyway.. I have been knocked on the haid' by hooves mind you!)

hehe.. This one was a good ride... crow hopped more than anything. Stood up almost straight when cinch guy flung the cinch... ;-) I have alot of fun rodeoen' I love it! Only sport you will ever catch me doing... for the most part..

LOL... if you look close you can see that sht* poke grin on my face.... hehe.. sure gets ur blood a flowin' HMM.. I LOVE RODEOS!!

:cboy:

Avery, that horse is airborne! He looks like he is flying, there are no feet touching the ground. I think it is a good picture myself. Looks like you are hanging in there! Keep up the good work. Rachel is good with the camera. She caught you just right in this one!

Chuckie":3gpm27z7 said:
Avery, that horse is airborne! He looks like he is flying, there are no feet touching the ground. I think it is a good picture myself. Looks like you are hanging in there! Keep up the good work. Rachel is good with the camera. She caught you just right in this one!

LOL! You think the picture is good... bbbaahhh! :p I don't care for it myself. She did just happen to catch me when I had a smile/grin on my face. There wasn't go grinnin' when he landed on his feet. :shock: You can see that the horse is airborne and if you notice so am I. Didn't feel to great when my... {clears throat} privite parts whaped the handle to that riggin' :roll: He came down on his front legs and that threw me forward a little...... I have intested in a "cup" after this ride. BUT I HUNG ON TIL THE LAST!!

Well atleast you like the picture... She has pictures of me walking..well.. limping.... back to the chutes... everyone in the stands and around the chutes was laughing because I was cussin' up a storm and holding my hands downthere trying to relieve the pain... I will E-mail you those pictures... lol... seems everyone was quite humored (sp) after that.... everyone but me...

Well its Thursday today and there is a ACRA rodeo in Stilwel Saturday... me and rodeo buds was thinkin' bout' making a run down there.. its 210 miles from here... don't know if I want to go that far this weekend or not.. I will tell Rachel to have her camera... did you know she took this picture with her CELL PHONE!! I can't believe it.... a cell phone taking a picture that good.. anyhowway I will let ya go.. lots to do today..

Have a goodn'

Ave

Which Rodeo Associations do you ride in Avery? Are they open to anyone or do you have to earn so much money to enter their events like the PRCA?

CopeMan":1ks4w41j said:
Which Rodeo Associations do you ride in Avery? Are they open to anyone or do you have to earn so much money to enter their events like the PRCA?

Well I ride in ranch rodeos (if I know the rancher ok) TCRA, ACRA, and open rodeos. in TCRA and ACRA you have to win so many points but in order to get those points you have to ride in that sanctioned rodeo. Like if I ride in open rodeos I just win purse I can't get points administered to TCRA or ACRA roll sheet. I will be riding PRCA next season once I win the rest of my points. Its kind of confusing.... ;-)

Chuckie":2axa3lww said:
Wow, I didn't know cell phones made pictures like that! Looks like I need to get a new phone!

hehe... I hate phones.... I bought a fancy one a year or so back.. hunk of junk never worked.. got tired of it one day and I was at the feedmill (coop) and had Chuck (feedmill guy) run it over with his forklift 6 times.... fixed that hunk of crap... :x

Wilson_Cattle_Company":297g07ji said:
CopeMan":297g07ji said:

Well I ride in ranch rodeos (if I know the rancher ok) TCRA, ACRA, and open rodeos. in TCRA and ACRA you have to win so many points but in order to get those points you have to ride in that sanctioned rodeo. Like if I ride in open rodeos I just win purse I can't get points administered to TCRA or ACRA roll sheet. I will be riding PRCA next season once I win the rest of my points. Its kind of confusing.... ;-)

So not everyone has to go through Little Britches then Highschool and College Rodeo teams to enter PRCA events? Ive been in a few Rodeo events..lol. Nothing major, no Roughstock. Ive done Chute dogging and Calf branding in a Ranch Rodeo. Ive also tried Team Roping. Ive been around rodeos my whole life. I love the feeling no matter what the event and how little of event. And I know youll agree with me, theres no better better feeling then being in the arena with all eyes upon you. It is an adrenalin rush no matter what event. What would I have to do to get started on a circuit? I would like to ride bucking horses. I thought about bull riding but after being to so many and helping bullriders get preped in the chutes you get a good feeling of how it would be to ride and I really dont want to ride bulls.

CopeMan":35maqo5i said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":35maqo5i said:
CopeMan":35maqo5i said:

So not everyone has to go through Little Britches then Highschool and College Rodeo teams to enter PRCA events? Ive been in a few Rodeo events..lol. Nothing major, no Roughstock. Ive done Chute dogging and Calf branding in a Ranch Rodeo. Ive also tried Team Roping. Ive been around rodeos my whole life. I love the feeling no matter what the event and how little of event. And I know youll agree with me, theres no better better feeling then being in the arena with all eyes upon you. It is an adrenalin rush no matter what event. What would I have to do to get started on a circuit? I would like to ride bucking horses. I thought about bull riding but after being to so many and helping bullriders get preped in the chutes you get a good feeling of how it would be to ride and I really dont want to ride bulls.

Yep.. ur right ya don't have to go through your whole life to little britches hs, collage. Yepp! there is nothing better then leanin' back on that horse n noddin'' ur head then hearing that gate fly open!!!! MAN I LOVE THAT FEELIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I were you I would start at open rodeos. I would start on Saddle Bronc if I were you. Its a little easier to start with. I didn't however, I just jumped straight in with bare bronc. Bare Bronc takes the most strain on your body than any other rodeo event. So, I am only 17... by my 21st birthday I might be useless... who knows right? I could be useless after my next rodeo if I have a wreck. That is one thing that you have to realize and except about the rodeo circuit. Here are some more

1. Its one hellacious rough road to hoe.
2. You may not make it out of that arena alive (Yes, even on a horse I have seen it happen and it is the most awful thing in the world!
3. You can get crippled and be useless for the rest of your life.
4. You can ride the fur off that horse, score, get rolling drunk afterwards (of however you celebrate) and have a good time and tear up that circuit.
5. It all depends on your ability to adapt, attitude, spirit, heart, willingness, and your love for the game.

<my eyes are getting a little misty over here.... LOL j/k>

Rodeo is a real mans sport!

About the bull ridin' well thats all about your style and what you like. I rode 1 bull at a ranch rodeo I don't think I made even half my time I really didn't care for that anymore. Like I said it all depends on what ya like!

Wilson_Cattle_Company":1r7euzcy said:
Chuckie":1r7euzcy said:
Well atleast you like the picture... She has pictures of me walking..well.. limping.... back to the chutes... everyone in the stands and around the chutes was laughing because I was cussin' up a storm and holding my hands downthere trying to relieve the pain... I will E-mail you those pictures... lol... seems everyone was quite humored (sp) after that.... everyone but me...

Well now you have the rest of us wanting to see the "limping" and other pics as well! You should post em!

P.S. I think you made a wise investment

Even if you're only riding in the weekly jackpot rodeos and thinking you aren't damaged, you'll find out different in 20 years or so. Even more in 30, 40, etc.

dun

Latest posts