Will machinery prices be coming down any?

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
With the prices farmers are receiving for their crops at break even or close and cattle prices the same. Sales have got to tapper off some one would think.

No prices never seem to come down. They lay off sales staff, production staff all before they will cut the price in an appreciable way. Yeah the implement dealers might be trying to desperately cut even a few more thousand off of a tractor at their expense but jd corporate would rather sell fewer at a higher price then drop their prices dam who it hurts.

Prices went up disproportionately with 7 8 dollar corn but have not seen decline in very many input costs when it has been hovering below 3 dollars lately. Only thing I've really seen drop is irrigated land prices but not seed, fertilizer, machinery, all just as expensive as ever.

Used machenery is off quite a bit. Some inputs are down. Monsanto sure didn't cut seed prices but all the other brands offered some pretty good deals on seed corn this year.

jltrent":1uvw93oh said:
With the prices farmers are receiving for their crops at break even or close and cattle prices the same. Sales have got to tapper off some one would think.

I think about that all the time but I think the manufacturers are going to keep the high prices and hope for a govt bail out if they get into a bind.

I can't remember prices ever coming down. I remember when they started offering "economy" models, that were cheaper.

Latest posts