Pipe Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Can't find any 2 3/8 but I have bought 2 7/8" and 5.5" in the last week. Paid $65 for heavy wall 2 7/8 from the usual place and then $72 for thinner wall at the steel yard. These avgd 31' joints. The 5.5" was 1/2" wall and $9 a foot. The guy I usually buy from called and told me he can't find anymore decent pipe to buy, is reason I bought from the steel yard.

We bought 2-7/8, 2-3/8 and 1.9" this summer for building working facilities. All of it was $50/joint no matter the size. Took three separate trips because they only had one size each time I called. Used to get the 1.9" and 2-3/8 for around $32/joint a couple years ago.

We bought 2-7/8, 2-3/8 and 1.9" this summer for building working facilities. All of it was $50/joint no matter the size. Took three separate trips because they only had one size each time I called. Used to get the 1.9" and 2-3/8 for around $32/joint a couple years ago.
If you just are anywhere close to N. Louisiana give me a shout. I bought a bunch last year. All good construction steel. Am selling for:
2" (2-3/8" od), 4000' @ $1.25 a ft
1-1/2" (1-7/8" od), 6000' @ $1.00 per ft
1" (1-3/16 od), 4000' @ $0.75 per ft

If the democrats stay in power much longer there will soon be many tons of used oilfield pipe and tubing for sale.

If you just are anywhere close to N. Louisiana give me a shout. I bought a bunch last year. All good construction steel. Am selling for:
2" (2-3/8" od), 4000' @ $1.25 a ft
1-1/2" (1-7/8" od), 6000' @ $1.00 per ft
1" (1-3/16 od), 4000' @ $0.75 per ft

If the democrats stay in power much longer there will soon be many tons of used oilfield pipe and tubing for sale.
Don't work that way.
Oilfields not working means no pipe.
Oil fields working means available pipe.

By construction you mean structural , or reject?? What's the wall thickness or weight on that 23/8....od is the proper size for structural pipe.

Don't work that way.
Oilfields not working means no pipe.
Oil fields working means available pipe.
Yep, except for about the 1st 60days after the oilfield goes bust and pipe cleaning yards dump their inventory.
Normal times, you are getting rejects from pipe inspections and old pipe that has been pulled from abandoned/depleted wells

Everything has gotten too dang expensive, it's no fun anymore. My bill at the steel yard was $1,650 and I didn't have much. I know the guy behind the counter and he said woulda been $800 a year ago. Oh well what do you do I guess, can't stop progressing

Hard to get used pipe anymore. Production tubing, casing and drill stem used to be cheap and widely available.. now everyone is afraid of NORM so you sure can't make a whiskey deal with the consultant when the service rig shows up to change the production string.

I think we have full joints of heavy wall casing for sale still. It would work great for a barn or arena or shop or some thing but will take equipment to handle for sure.

All our tubing sold in 2 weeks and we didn't even advertise it. We had lines out the property gate for two weekends.

I quit looking back in June. I checked 5 places, no one has inventory. Everyone said they knew that they had an undetermined price increase when ever they got more inventory.
I ended up buying 2x2x4' concrete blocks and building feed lot fence out of them.

Latest posts