Wildlife (pictures)

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here is some of our local wildlife.

These foxes have had a den within 500 yards of our house for the last 4 years. I like having them around, they keep the gopher population down, and they are neat to see. Plus, these ones, at least, seem to leave my chickens and ducks alone, as long as they don't stray too far.

tn_DSC046641.jpg

tn_DSC046621.jpg

tn_DSC046571.jpg

tn_DSC046551.jpg

Here are some Mule deer that are in and around some pasture that we rent. We don't have them around our yard, but we do have white tail.

A buck and 2 does

tn_DSC052941.jpg

Same buck getting some TLC from one of his does.
tn_DSC052911.jpg

A different doe. She was so quiet, I didn't really have to use my zoom.
tn_DSC053031.jpg

tn_DSC053041.jpg

tn_DSC053061.jpg

And another little buck. Just before dark, on our way home. He was pretty quiet too.
tn_DSC053081.jpg

those are some pretty pics of the foxes an deer.i dont know how you was able to get pics of them without them running.

Thanks, everyone. BB, it helps to have a good zoom on the camera ;-) . But seriously, the deer are so used to vehicles, that they really don't run from them. Wait til hunting season, and it will be a different story. As for the foxes, I was down wind of them in an old corral we have. Was able to hide behind an old barn.

Thanks, Keren, I sure wonder about their lives :lol2:

Jogeephus":1rfr06l7 said:
I noticed in the hayfield you have left uncut swaths of grass. What is the purpose of this?

The land in the photo isn't ours, but the idea of the windrows is to hold snow in the winter. We don't always get a good regrowth after cutting hay, and this can help to retain moisture from winter snow.

That's interesting. I was wondering if it wasn't for wildlife. We will mow thirds on a three year cycle for quail.

Latest posts