Wild Wild West

Help Support CattleToday:

I read this elsewhere last night--great shot. Luck may have played a part of it, but I like to think training and lots of range time was the real reason.

greybeard":3owqo4xz said:
I read this elsewhere last night--great shot. Luck may have played a part of it, but I like to think training and lots of range time was the real reason.

Holding the reins of two horses with one hand, Austin Police Sgt. Adam Johnson raised his service pistol and fired a bulls-eye into the target some 312 feet away.

Down went Larry McQuilliams

I would say lots and lots of range time and practicing out of the box at some crazy ranges for a handgun.

Very awesome. I think it is range time. I remember so well my father taking out a gopher that was digging through our dam. I measured after and it was 1600 feet. Turns out that he was a sniper in the Korean war.

He either prcticed at really long ranges or it was mostly luck. I woud think he had to be holding around 3-4 feet over the guys head.

The vast majority of cops can't make that shot but there are some that can. The odds of my brother (now a retired cop) making a 312 feet (104 yards) shot would be about 99.99999% chance of making it count. But he has won a ton of championships shooting.

That's an impressive shot, but sounds doable. I read it, but didn't notice a barrel length.