Wild Game Supper.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
The Baker Baptist Church is having their annual wild game supper tonight at 7pm. They will serve alot of different kinds of meat from rocky mountain oysters, fried possum head, rattlesnake, coon to beaver, pork and fish. Last year close to a 1k folks ate supper at the wild game supper. The fried quail are the best. Here's a link if anyone is interested.
http://www.crappie.com/crappie/georgia/ ... n-georgia/

Those are a good outreach, as well as breakfast for opening morning of deer season.

My husband has gone to a Wild Game supper at my home church, First Baptist in Abbeville, GA. tonight.They have been having them for several years now, and invite all the men and boys from the area to come. My cousin barbecues wild hogs and fries fish. They will have all kinds of wild game and wonderful desserts. Always have a great speaker.

We've been having one for a couple years now and it's a lot of fun. We've had baked groundhog, crockpot bobcat, and dried crickets among the crazy dishes. Pheasant pot pie, lots of wild hogs, venison, gator, snake, et al. One year we even had "wild Holstein". Guy said it kept getting out, and the day before the dinner he didn't have anything to bring. Got a call from a neighbor the Holstein was out, and decided on the way to catch it up again what he was going to contribute!

They served 1200 folks at the dinner last night. And out of the 40 raffle tickets called at the end only 3 had to be called again. So that means alot of folks got a good preaching to, and hopefully a few turned their lives around.

Joe, I'm not sure but it was good. The beaver was in a light brown gravy. I had to try it after your recommendation, and glad I did. The rocky mountain oysters weren't as good as I remembered them. They had a sign on a pan of sausage "fresh deer sausage " I found that a little ironic.

Haven't tried beaver and gravy but I bet it was good. The fresh deer sausage just means it was not smoked or cured just cooked on grill. That's how I make my brats and breakfast sausages.

TexasBred":2lwexooj said:
Jogeephus":2lwexooj said:
I get it now. Kindof like fresh gulf shrimp. :lol2:
Sold out of a cooler in the back of a pickup truck on the side of the road in Amarillo, Tx. :shock:
That's better than buying it out of a truck with the same "Fresh Shrimp" sign, but with Minnesota license plates. (I saw it happen on an I-10 service road)

Latest posts