why

Help Support CattleToday:

starbaby

Reaction score
why is my pug eating cow poop? i f its fresh he laps it
we bought him at a pet store;they knew he had parvo. the vet got him well, we pamper him

Because it's tasty (to a dog). And he's never been taught not to.

grannysoo":4uz4sqjg said:
He's just getting his breath fresh before he licks you...

That's ok as long as he doesn't think he has to AFTER he licks you for the same reason

i was kinda hoping for a vitamin def, curable. dang i let him drink outta my tea glass

starbaby":3hu3g58k said:
i was kinda hoping for a vitamin def, curable. dang i let him drink outta my tea glass

Nice of you to let him wash it down.

Could be a vitamin deficiency. I was told that by a vet once, at any rate when I had a beagle that ate his own poo.

A dog that eats his own poo is the perfect dog, ya know? :D :lol2:

msscamp":8ifa43i1 said:
starbaby":8ifa43i1 said:
why is my pug eating cow poop?

Usually because he can smell the protein in it.

Cole scarfs animal poop, donkey or cow. I try to discourage it but he's an outdoor dog and I just dont let him lick my face anymore.

One of my nosier neighbors had a dog that was at our place all the time, and he came over and complained that the dog ate manure over here and then would go home and barf it up on the carpet. I told him to keep his dog at home.

That same dog started kiling chickens. I saw her do it a couple of times. I talked to them, warned them, threatened to call the deputies on them, finally, I found two adult chickens dead, one of which was in my original flock and my last colored egg layer, and I walked them over to his place and threw them over the fence onto his property. I have not see the dog since. Message received.

I dont' allow my dogs to eat pop. And they don't do it. (at least while I'm looking.) Actually the border collie and the black lab was rather easy to train in that matter, but the blue heeler, I think she was just hard wired to be a nasty little pig. :roll:

My buddy's Boxer eats cow poop like she's never been fed in her life, but she also works cows like a border collie so we just let her do it. I think she believes the cows are leaving it just for her.

She was laying on my lap in the truck last winter on the way out to feed and when she burped I just stepped out of the truck while it was moving. Terrible just terrible. Sweet girl tho, saved me from a cow that was for sure gonna kill me last summer.

starbaby":d921tuvt said:

I had a three legged wiener dog that would just about fight you over coffee. I would leave just a sip in there when I was done and let her lap it up. It can't be good for them. If you left your cup where she could get it, she'd drink it all. I have a pic of her with her snout stuck in a travel mug. She was forever getting her snout in boxes and the like and would come crashing into the room with something stuck on her head. :dunce:

Sometimes it's better not to ask why...especially when it comes to animals. You won't ever get a straight, coherent answer...kinda like some people I know, as a matter of fact.

Alice