Why is facebook down?

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Well, Facebook had a MAJOR fustercluck this morning... I'll give as much detail as I understand.. it's quite a sequence of events, and I'll try and describe the best I can.

So Facebook has static IP addresses for all their servers (A unique network address), DNS servers convert the name (like Facebook.com) to an IP address.. Now there are registries that keep track of DNS servers, domain names, etc, and facebook has their own DNS servers AND their own registry.

Now somehow, someone did something to corrupt something along the way, so the ENTIRE internet doesn't know where Facebook.com is... Now comes the really funny part.. all the administration of the servers is done remotely through Facebook.com... but they can't get to facebook.com to administrate and fix the changes... It gets better though... Their buildings are all key-card accessed, and they use the internet, specifically through facebook.com, so they can't even PHYSICALLY get into their buildings because of this!

They have a serious case of the mondays for sure!

Not just FB. Instagram, WhatsApp, occulusVR, and Messenger are all down as of 30 min ago. I don't use any of them but my wife still uses Messenger for some strange reason.

Entire world's going to go nuts without the social media bull crap. Nobody will know what their neighbors, fake friends, and fake people all doing on their fake social media status. With fake photoshot edit pictures people wanting other people to believe their life is perfect....🙄🤦🏽‍♀️ Look at Gabby as an examples she wasn't nothing like her videos on the body camera. So many people always put on these fake acts fake every just to get more social media.
Not only that it's creepy to me. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I personally don't feel the need to brag about my vehicles, new house, old house, children, husband, boyfriend, dog, cat, animals ect. Job, college degree, ect. I don't feel people I don't talk to in real life need to know all my personal information, see my personal pictures of my vacations, what I do on the weekends, ect. All that time I'd be over there entertaining acquaintance with what I'm doing in my life I could be spending with my family or doing something I enjoy. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Most people put entire to much information on their social media's. I can easily find out what they drive, where they live, most have pictures of their house, how many kids they have if they have kids, where there kids go to school, their job, when they work, link to their family, friends, church, ect. That's to much information to put on the internet for everyone to know.

The word Facebook ticks me off!! These business that use it for free advertising tick me off. Or to put their menu or prices on. Forget that I just don't go if I can't see there website.
People act like I'm nuts for not having Facebook. Even the school. I'm like whatever yall all nuts and obsessed its the devil.

Something called tiktok is reportedly down as well.
Gawd help us if Youtube goes down. Some folks can't put 2 cognitive sentences together much less form an independent opinion of their own without some youtube bubba telling them what to think.

Facebook stock closed down 4.89% today.
as a facebook share holder that's all I give a rats-tail about, I don't use fb
but y'all keep usin' it.... I need the money :)

No worries it will bounce back up there. I think Trump had something to do with it all. 🤣🤡

Zuckerberg lost 6 billion on facebook's sell off today. Guess he owns more shares than me. :)
Zuckerberg has lost 19.4 billion since mid September and Bill Gates wealth now exceeds his, dropping Zuckerbreg to the 5th richest in the world... how embarrassing

Last edited:
According to my wife FB is back up and running. She uses it to keep in contact with her family and friends in other states, as well as a lot of friends here locally are on it too.