Why does this happen every Sun night & only at CT?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Oops! Google Chrome could not find www.cattletoday.com

and............

This webpage is not available
Reload Less More
The server at www.cattletoday.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed.

Only happens when trying to go to Cattle Today--I can, with any of 3 browsers go anywhere else on the web, but not here.
It happened last Sunday night at about the same time. Sometimes, (but rarely) I can reach CT, but usually I will get the above error once I try to move between sections or post.
I have cleared cache, deleted internet files, history etc, to no avail. Closed browsers, reset my connection and router--no help.
I understand what DNS is and how it works, but Why does the problem only happen here???? I just went to every single bookmark I have (32 websites) and they all worked perfect but not CT.
Tried to access it from a Google search link for Cattle Today--no help.
I am on now of course, but I very much suspect when I press submit, I will again get the error.

I've had the same thing happen, although I never attributed the issue to Sunday nights. You may be on to something big.

It's not Sunday--------------------------------------------------- in China!
I am having the same problem. My homepage even changed from Google to Yahoo.
And the pop ups are killing me.
I think this is googlies scheduled time to do up dates and maintenance,
Hopefully they will be done by------------ what ever day comes next where they are.
Liz

I get that at times but I can connect on my phone and I tried it when turning on the hot spot and connecting my computer to it and it'll work,but if I'm connected to the internet via my wifi service I can't get on.

NCLiz 3":ps7gr48y said:
Hopefully they will be done by------------ what ever day comes next where they are.
Liz

NCLiz 3":ps7gr48y said:
Liz
If so, it would affect all websites and only Google based browsers. I have Chrome, IE, and Firefox.
Unless, it is a problem associated with Google ads, but again, why just here?
I use an ad blocker and the only ad I see here is the Angus Report, but I've that ad blocker enabled for nearly a year and the problem just began manifesting itself a few weeks ago.
AV, antispyware, and malewarebytes have been run and definitions updated daily--I'm clean.

Could not get on this morning, but I turned off the wifi on my phone and connected 4g and got right on to ct

It looks like I can navigate and post this morning without problems.
The problem for me seems to begin Sunday evening. Works fine during the day and early evening, then "wham!" there it is.
I might be able to get to the cattle board index, and "maybe" one thread, but if I attempt to go back, go to another section, post or go to PM, I get the error. Most other times, the error comes up as soon as I try to get on.
I would assume it was a dns error on my end if it happened all websites, but that isn't the case.

This is what was happening to me a lot until week or so ago. Didn't matter the time or day as it was pretty random. The last thing I did was run CCleaner and it's not happened since.

I use MSN for my homepage and Microsoft virus(free) protection and only have had this happen maybe twice in the last six months.

It's only happened to me a few times and usually it last for a couple of days. It happened for a short while last night, I'm with sim, I think the short offline periods happens during CT server maintainence.

I use firefox. If you get that here you will get the same for Ranchers also. I think it is an issue with the server that CT and Ranchers use.

Latest posts