why breed when you can clone?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
:hide:
That's what the Chinese evidently think anyway...

The largest animal cloning factory in the world is now likely underway in China — a path "no one has ever travelled" in cattle cloning and meeting the country's skyrocketing demand for beef.

The projected 14,000-square-meter factory will be built and operated by Boyalife, which is allotting 200 million yuan ($313 million) for the project. Tianjin, a city situated about 100 miles from the Chinese capital, will be the site of the grand venture to be started in the first half of next year.

According to Boyalife's chief exectuive Xiao-Chun Xu, they are hoping at the moment to produce 100,000 cow embryos annually and to contribute five percent of China's premium cattle.

"We are building something that has not existed in the past," said Xu in an interview.

More here:
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/11150 ... -china.htm

Wait until they start cloning soldiers. They will have an even bigger army, and completely disposable.

Or maybe cloning factory workers. You think they have cheap labor now..

TennesseeTuxedo":bf7bzaju said:
Nesikep":bf7bzaju said:
they just do what we do, and do it better

The Chinese do absolutely nothing better than we Americans do so speak for yourself.

I was wondering who is cloning cattle for production in our country?!?!

TennesseeTuxedo":2kc9vaow said:
Nesikep":2kc9vaow said:

The Chinese do absolutely nothing better than we Americans do so speak for yourself.

Agree - no one does anything better than we Americans!! Take pride in our country and the things we do. We are the BEST!!

AMERICA IS STILL GREAT, but we can make her better.
If others think America is so bad , why do so many try to come here. and if people in that video think its bad then help make it good again and LEAVE !!!!!!!!!
And please take the idiot in the White House with you, He is the one trying to make people think we are no good

Clones will be for terminal traits. Commercial and thinking registered breeders know that terminal trait selection is not all that the commercial producer needs. Fertility and maternal traits are worth much more to the bottom line for the real guys.

kilroy60":3k6pz3c7 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3k6pz3c7 said:
Nesikep":3k6pz3c7 said:

Agree - no one does anything better than we Americans!! Take pride in our country and the things we do. We are the BEST!!
Most everythign we make is "disposable". Buy cheap, use it when it breaks buy a new one... Little or nothing made to last for long periods of time.

My Chevy Tahoe is a 2004 with 157,000 miles. My wife drives it everyday.

My son drives a Chevy Impala, also a 2004 with over 140,000 hard miles. I bought it for him used in 2008 with just 10,400 miles on it.

Most days I drive a 2000 Lincoln Navigator with 228,000 miles on it.

My newest and lowest mileage vehicle is a 2012 F-250 gas engine PU with 90,000 miles on it.

All are going strong...USA USA USA!!!

I hope everyone realizes that cloning is just splitting an embryo. It will make identical twins. Still a regular cow not a mindless being like the media has made it out to be.

Tennessee tux.. None of the mileages you quote are anything to write home about..

1984 Toyota Land Cruiser, 350,000 miles, Original engine and tranny, all the U joints (there's something that the Japs have figured out how to make well!)
1985 Toyota Tercel 4x4 wagon.. 300,000 miles when it got too rusty to drive, again, original engine, tranny, U joints, and CV joints.
1992 Dodge 250 4x4 diesel, 305,000 miles now, runs like a top on the original cummins, second tranny, every U joint replaced at least twice
1994 Dodge 3500 4x4 diesel.. 250,000 miles now, 2nd engine (bad head gasket from Cummins did it in), tranny has been out 6 times (2 clutches, 1 snapped input shaft, 1 backed off 5th gear nut, 1 stripped 5th gear, 1 5th gear assembly C clip popped), 2nd transfer case, 2nd rear end, 3rd set of ball joints, 3rd set of wheel bearings

1979 Chevy 4x4 dually, 454, about 300,000 miles, 2nd engine is done for, on it's 3rd tranny, 3rd rearend, lost track of U joints

Friend's truck, 1996 dodge diesel 4x4 5 spd.. 800,000 miles, 2nd engine just installed, lost track of trannys and U joints and tie rod ends.

Bill Maleck.. Cloning is not just splitting an embryo... If that was the case you couldn't clone an adult animal

Your right sorry. I got a lot more info on it now and there is a lot to it with DNA strands and such.

Because its more fun to line breed? And it cost like 15K to clone a single calf I think. Who cares what a Chinese govt plan is anyway. If they get hungry for some beef they will buy it. Communist governments use a little ditty called propaganda when they want to buy something in particular for less money. Take away from this story: The Chinese wish they had more North American raised beef, but at half price like it used to be.The threat of the clones is supposed to make the American government give them lots of free or reduced price beef to keep them satisfied. They can be glad ol Cotton1 isn't in charge, cause I would double the price and add a lot of really expensive fees to anybody exporting quality livestock or frozen genetics to China. Then they could clone their little commy rumps off with sub par cattle, and probably be hungry at the same time. They have already ruined the cotton industry in America with the help of next to free labor and dumb politicians. We should make it harder for them to buy with every story like this that comes out, that's what they understand.Are the chinese going to clone? Sure, but not enough to feed their country. Just a game...

Yeah i never like to see guy's supporting other countries either in that sense, but they are doing so to fill their own pockets.

By advancing china, russia, south america.. where ever, you are only hurting your local economy and making it harder for your family/friends/relatives/country men to make a go of it in the next generation.

example, a project in russia, with good sourced cattle approaching 250,000 animals.

http://beefmagazine.com/cow-calf/photo- ... ages-76861

Latest posts