Whoopee! warmer, sunny...

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Gonna move some young bulls and tag calves early this afternoon. Thank God for the nice weather! I'll take pics if I can remember.

Yea tncattle, but have you seen our weather forecast for the coming week? Better make hay and enjoy it while you can.

Oh brother, I haven't looked at the forecast for the upcoming week, guess it ain't too good. Of course I forgot to take pics but we tagged about 15 calves, moved 6 yearling bulls to a separate pasture (they were going at it pretty good) and sprayed the cows with de-licing/de-worming junk.
I found one calf laying in the middle of some thick briars (spelling?) she was 3 days old and would not move. I picked her up and put her out of the briars and she went right to momma. Of course I got hung up in the briars. But that was one dang cute calf. Good to work some cattle finally.

Ribeye":2qlxc1vd said:
Yea tncattle, but have you seen our weather forecast for the coming week? Better make hay and enjoy it while you can.

70 today and tomorrow and a couple of inches of snow tomorrow nght and monday.

Was 80 yesterday and supposed to be in 70's today over 50% rain then tomorrow possible turn to snow and down to the 40's.We need the moisture but the heat and sudden change to cold is sure gonna make it bad for the 13 calves already on the ground. :help:

Cal

Forecast for sunny and 40 this AM then cloudy and rain switching to snow this evening and highs in the 30"3 this coming week. I am about ready for spring and I know the cows are ready . Good luck with cattle work everyone.

It's finally about 0 !!!! The past month has been tough. -10 to -35 with strong winds . burrrrrrrrrrr. hope its over .

It sure is fun to see what other parts of the country are like.

Quit feed !! wow!! We just counted bales to see if we had enough for 60 more days of feeding.

Sunny and 73 degrees!! and RAIN!!!!

We need rain bad!! we have ducks that are 2 years old that don't know how to swim. all the ponds are empty.

its in the 70s here today.supposed to dropp into the 30s by monday evening.an stay cold for 2 or 3 days.

ND Angus":1a0t1n75 said:
what other parts of the country are like.

Quit feed !! wow!! We just counted bales to see if we had enough for 60 more days of feeding.

Last year it was the first week of March. The year before it was the first week of April.

Just saw the weather forcast. A couple of inches of rain tonight and UP TO several feet of snow on monday night

72 with SE winds at 20. Trying to drizzle but the wind is to strong.

Dun - looks like it is heading your way Oklahoma looks like it is going to catch it too

ATTACH]

Yes indeed.. don't you just love it! Upper 70's here today... we hauled three machines home before the rain. Supposed to be up to 3 inches tonight about midnight. Then cold front, and temps falling from upper 60's to low 40's. Hard freeze tomorrow night.

this morning it was 60 and it all went down hill from there. if you look on the radar vett posted you can see the whole SE corner of nebraska((thats where i am :mrgreen: )) is covered in rain. yeah, thats the exact last thing we need right now. :roll: im glad we dont need to work calves. theres no way possible to do it with all the mud we have.

I'm in SW Nebraska, it was 51 at 4:00 a.m. and kept going down from there. Pulled calf out from snow drift, I don't know if I should have. The top of it's head to nose was visable but mom was no where around until I showed up (of course). But they took off together. Now it's probably got the chills. Should I be worried about calves getting sick with the sudden weather change?

3 AM and it's around 60 degrees. Been a long long time since that happened. I think the heat woke me.
Snow is coming, Tues night, but not much. So say the weather liars.
It's Fescue weather.

Got the windshift about 30 minutes ago. Started drizzling and temp dropped. Weatherbug appears to be stuck on 68 with Winds SSE at 12 but they have died down. Going to have to turn the AC off and turn the heat on.

Latest posts