Who needs a bushhog when you have 2000 pound Angus cows mowing down everything in site?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hook2.0 said:
More self promotion.
I gotta wonder at what point does macon consider this advertising, because thats all youre doing

I totally disagree. If he were here only to advertise his cattle he would certainly not be so open and willing to share the good, the bad, and yes, even the ugly.

Hook2.0 said:
More self promotion.
I gotta wonder at what point does macon consider this advertising, because thats all youre doing

What do you expect me to talk about on CT? My dogs, I have lots of video of them. Or would you like for me to discuss politics or religion? As you would expect, I can go deep on those subjects as well. How about the economy?

I post videos of my work, what I love doing, what I dedicate myself to, and if they are offensive or if you don't like them, then ignore me.

If what I post is advertising, I must do a sh.t job at it, because I've never sold a single animal to a CT member.

I will keep in mind what you are suggesting however, and maybe post a video of me setting a fence post, digging up the dirt, etc. It will be fascinating for viewers.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Hook2.0 said:
More self promotion.

I totally disagree. If he were here only to advertise his cattle he would certainly not be so open and willing to share the good, the bad, and yes, even the ugly.

Thank you TT,

Name one seed stock producer that would put up a photo of a dead cow? I did that so other CT members who have gone through the same bad experience would know that they aren't alone, and it's not all roses out here at Branded.

My modus operandi is much different than other breeders, I want folks to see things in real time, not just a glossy sales catalog or carefully curated website.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Hook2.0 said:
More self promotion.

Nope, until he answers where the pictures of those steaks come from. And how he knows one was Angus and one was charlois, he's full of shyt .

callmefence said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Hook2.0 said:
More self promotion.

Nope, until he answers where the pictures of those steaks come from. And how he knows one was Angus and one was charlois, he's full of shyt .

I must have missed that discussion. Everyone knows Charolais are known for their superior marbling and make an excellent choice for sourcing prime steaks.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
callmefence said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

I must have missed that discussion. Everyone knows Charolais are known for their superior marbling and make an excellent choice for sourcing prime steaks.

What?, you don't enjoy a 1 inch thick, grass-fed piece of shoe leather. I heard it's super healthy for you if you can finish it in one sitting.

BTW, Jeff Ruby has opened up a new, mind-blowing steak house in Lexington, KY. Something tells me Jeff is sourcing prime Angus or prime Hereford, and passing on the gristle. Just a hunch.

When you are in Kentucky you should check it out. They have a hatchet ribeye that will make your eyes glaze over, pair that with a bold California cab for an out of body experience. Finish it up with a snifter of Remy Martin Louis XIII. You will still have faith in this world after that meal. LOL!

Here is a link to make your mouth water

http://bit.ly/2V4uarf

If anyone is super health conscious you should NOT click the link.

Apparently Branded isn't as intelligent as I originally gave him credit for. The frame race was run in the 80's and 90's and made Simmental cattle irrelevant. The ASA was smart enough to see the writing and came up with SimAngus and moderation and BW became a focal point.
I'd rather learn from someone else's mistakes than my own.

************* said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
callmefence said:

What?, you don't enjoy a 1 inch thick, grass-fed piece of shoe leather. I heard it's super healthy for you if you can finish it in one sitting.

BTW, Jeff Ruby has opened up a new, mind-blowing steak house in Lexington, KY. Something tells me Jeff is sourcing prime Angus or prime Hereford, and passing on the gristle. Just a hunch.

When you are in Kentucky you should check it out. They have a hatchet ribeye that will make your eyes glaze over, pair that with a bold California cab for an out of body experience. Finish it up with a snifter of Remy Martin Louis XIII. You will still have faith in this world after that meal. LOL!

Can you wear blue jeans? I'd like to take the boys there next year when we're at the farm show.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
callmefence said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Not that I have a dog in the fight, I just don't care for buushyt.
You ever ate a charlois steak... cause if you haven't you don't know what the **** your talking about. Course that's nothing new .

True Grit Farms said:
Apparently Branded isn't as intelligent as I originally gave him credit for. The frame race was run in the 80's and 90's and made Simmental cattle irrelevant. The ASA was smart enough to see the writing and came up with SimAngus and moderation and BW became a focal point.
I'd rather learn from someone else's mistakes than my own.

If I could figure out a way to wean off at 205 at 800+ pounds from 1000 pounds cows that live on marginal to poor forage I would give it a try. Actually, not really, I have no interest in that at all.

What I am doing works, I didn't just start doing this recently. We have had big, productive Angus cattle for a LONG TIME. Just because we didn't have production sales didn't mean our cattle weren't sold and ended up in herds around Kentucky. For years we did a lot on the down low, not so much on the down low now.

We once had a bull, if I can find his photo, it was before digital, and this guy was almost 2800 pounds at maturity. Legs like tree trunks, his influence is all through the herd. He had Basin in him. We culled all the puny cows over the decades and kept the big productive ones, it wasn't rocket science. These cows, like the one's I have posted, didn't appear out of thin air. The two videos I posted today were from cows we developed, not ones we bought.

You guys may think I'm screwing around out here, because I joke and know which videos will entertain more than others, but at the end of the day I'm deadly serious about my craft, and I have zero doubts in what I do, nor do I second guess my breeding decisions.

Also locking a thread because I jiggled a bulls nutsack is ridiculous, anyone in the bull business has touched them, measured for scrotal, pure ridiculousness. That video drew a lot of flack because our cattle are calm as can be, they are raised as such, no stress, no machismo involved. I know you didn't take it down, but the person who locked the forum must be letting jealousy take over, because Youtube, who is pretty strict, had no issue with it all.

Just because the mod can't walk up to his bull in an open field and do what I did, doesn't mean the thread should be locked. If you are trying to protect the youngsters virgin eyes, I learned to do that move when I was a kid working with the bulls.

True Grit Farms said:
************* said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Can you wear blue jeans? I'd like to take the boys there next year when we're at the farm show.

I'm pretty sure, call ahead though. There are nice jeans and then jeans you work in, you know the difference.

Hook2.0 said:
More self promotion.

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts