Who is running Canada ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Heard the prime minister is in isolation, the parliament is shut down, and the border with French speaking areas is closed. Is it every Englishman for himself?

A dose of the clap has been running Canada for the past 4 1/2 years.

Stocker Steve said:
Heard the prime minister is in isolation, the parliament is shut down, and the border with French speaking areas is closed. Is it every Englishman for himself?

Nobody. Which is the best option we have had in almost 5 years...

Let it all burn to the ground I say. Which is exactly what will happen if the government morons here ever decide to close the US border. They talk about it everyday on the news.

Mennonite neighbor thinks he is going to Bulgaria for mission work in 2 weeks. I just laughed and laughed. He had no idea what was going on in the real world.

Got our first positive case here locally, adult that came back from international travel.

Anybody seeing any Virus Blowout Deals on new Superduty's?

Filling barrels and buying a gas guzzler is on my mind. Bought my last new truck a month after 9/11. Dealer had no room in his lot for all the preordered trucks...

I think late April could be interesting.

Aaron said:
Stocker Steve said:

Nobody. Which is the best option we have had in almost 5 years...

Let it all burn to the ground I say. Which is exactly what will happen if the government morons here ever decide to close the US border. They talk about it everyday on the news.

Mennonite neighbor thinks he is going to Bulgaria for mission work in 2 weeks. I just laughed and laughed. He had no idea what was going on in the real world.

Got our first positive case here locally, adult that came back from international travel.

Anybody seeing any Virus Blowout Deals on new Superduty's?

You can get one cheap and really easy payments if you offer six 12 roll bundles of toilet paper and 5 cases of bottled water as down payment...

Talking heads said beef prices have dropped 21% since Chinese flu started We have a full calendar of farm auctions again this spring. Usually a pretty senior crowd attending them. Don't think the old boys will be bidding online.

Are you seeing any farm and ranch related cancelations?

Seen lots of online bidding at recent bull sales. Some over 1/3 of purchases. Some big consignment sales in the West this spring. Crop guys cutting back their equipment costs in the form of maintenance.

Stocker Steve said:
Canadian prices holding?

At bulls sales? From the ones I buy from they went up big time this year. Thankful I bought last year. Lots of confidence somewhere! Watched a pile of prime commercial open straightbred Horned Hereford heifers average $2200 CDN ($1600 US) at one sale. High selling group was $2000 US.

Lots of US buyers taking advantage of the dollar.

Just saw Canada is closing borders. Good thing I have walleyes in the freezer.

The prime minister was sporting facial hair. Is that a isolation thing or is he trying to look wise?

Stocker Steve said:

The prime minister was sporting facial hair. Is that a isolation thing or is he trying to look wise?

He's trying to look like Jordan Peterson

Stocker Steve said:

Border closed to anyone who isn't Canadian or American citizen, which is how it should have been a month ago.

Stocker Steve said:
Doesn't sound good for the border businesses. How do I know if I am an essential traveler who can cross?

Pretty sure you and I are both out of luck. And most people don't even want to try if they are employed somewhere because they automatically go into mandatory 14 day quarantine if they even go across 'no man's land' and get sent back. And the customs guys are phoning those people's workplaces to make sure they aren't working for the following 14 days. Plus there is an automatic 15 min tongue lashing from both customs.

But yes, definitely a kicker for the border towns. Majority of country doesn't realize how integrated we are within 20 mile zone of the border on both sides. And if you are one of these poor youngsters dating someone from the other side, then it is an actual kick in the crotch.

Could I try for a discounted 14 day quarantine package at a Canadian fishing camp? They must have a lot of openings.

Wonder how NorthWest Angle works.

My oldest son is an iron worker on a big construction project in Seattle. The general contractor for the job is a Canadian firm. The two superintendents for the job went home to Canada for the weekend. Now they can't come back. For now they are communicating by phone or email. He is not too sure how long this will last until they shut things down.
The one good thing he said is the total lack of traffic. His normal 2 - 4 hour commutes is less than an hour and a half. He said you can put the cruise control on and go the entire 80 miles and never touch the brakes.

Latest posts