Who is a Hypocrite

Help Support CattleToday:

Margonme

Reaction score
Preface:  I do not in any form or fasion support terrorist.

Many on here preach Constitutionalism.   How do you feel about  Senator Ayotte from New Hampshire, talking about the bombing suspect in New York? Her statement was that she wanted to make sure he didn't receive his Miranda rights.

He is a United States citizen, and we are a society based on a Constitution that contains a Bill of Rights. How do you feel about taking away his rights because of the charges against him?

You cannot play both sides.  Either you support the Constitution or you don't.  Now, let's watch to see who is a hypocrite

Boots":3pi3qk06 said:
I'm not quite up to date on it. But I believe he has declared to be a soldier of Islam. Which makes him our enemy during a time of war.

Like you, I just caught a piece of the news. I gathered they were trying to declare him an "enemy combatant".

LET'S NOT MAKE THIS POLITICAL. THAT WILL GET IT DELETED.

I would like to see this stay on the principles of Constitutionalism. Might be wishful thinking but I would hope we can talk about our rights without invoking parties or candidates.

Margonme":1g2ij8gu said:
Boots":1g2ij8gu said:
I'm not quite up to date on it. But I believe he has declared to be a soldier of Islam. Which makes him our enemy during a time of war.

Like you, I just caught a piece of the news. I gathered they were trying to declare him an "enemy combatant".

I would like to see this stay on the principles of Constitutionalism. Might be wishful thinking but I would hope we can talk about our rights without invoking parties or candidates.

No political message in my statement.
Wartime enemies have no constitutional rights.

Boots":mau5lxu3 said:
Margonme":mau5lxu3 said:
Boots":mau5lxu3 said:

Apologize. I was not implying that your post was political. I was intending to steer future posts away form politics.

Caustic Burno":vytdzj3b said:
If he loses his rights then we lose ours as much as I loathe these people we can not go there.

Exactly. And if they force us to change then they've won anyway.

Margonme":2m61pn26 said:
Preface:  I do not in any form or fasion support terrorist.

Many on here preach Constitutionalism.   How do you feel about  Senator Ayotte from New Hampshire, talking about the bombing suspect in New York? Her statement was that she wanted to make sure he didn't receive his Miranda rights.

He is a United States citizen, and we are a society based on a Constitution that contains a Bill of Rights. How do you feel about taking away his rights because of the charges against him?

You cannot play both sides.  Either you support the Constitution or you don't.  Now, let's watch to see who is a hypocrite
LIke it or not he's entitled to all the rights and benefits that come with citizenship. Put him on trial and let the system handle it. Vigilante law was and still is illegal.

if declared a non-combatant, then he has the right to remain silent....and retains all the other "rights" we all possess.

If not, then he gave up any "rights" guaranteed by the constitution when "he" decided to go to war with the U.S. He made his choice, therefore he will have to live, or die with it.

Boots":lgdo56pl said:
Margonme":lgdo56pl said:
Boots":lgdo56pl said:

Constitutional lawyer are you now?? I must have missed the part where we declared war on anyone.

As much as it pains me to say, as an American he deserves his day in court. The cops needed to shoot him behind the ear and this debate wouldn't be needed. The cops can kill boy's with BB guns that don't shoot back, but not a terrorist?

TexasBred":3qze8xs8 said:
Boots":3qze8xs8 said:
Margonme":3qze8xs8 said:

Constitutional lawyer are you now?? I must have missed the part where we declared war on anyone.

Sir I have never claimed to be a lawyer. Please don't put words in my mouth.
I 've already stated in my introduction I have worked the majority of my life in Alzheimer's and dementia care. Your welcome to call anytime you need anything.

https://www.rt.com/usa/187512-us-war-isis-iran/

HDRider":yu81yj4s said:
What is the "War on Terror"?

Rhetoric.

There has never been a declaration of War involving enemies of the United States who pledge allegiance to Islamic fundamentalist organizations such as al Qaeda or the Taliban. Thus, they have been treated as "enemy combatants" in order to preclude them certain rights. Declaring someone an "enemy combatant" is complex because the meaning of the term has gone through numerous changes. In the United States on March 13, 2009, the Obama administration announced its abandonment of the Bush administration's use of the term "enemy combatant".

Latest posts