white fat cows

Help Support CattleToday:

strawking

Reaction score
Does anyone here feed cows to white fat? Where do you market them and how many days on feed do you usually feed them. Also do you feed them year round or pick the best seasonal markets. Thanks

Putangitangi":kt4k092z said:
And I thought you were going to show us some well-conditioned Charolais!
:lol: :lol: Me too! I was ready to match ya with some black fat cows! :lol: :lol:
I have no idea what you mean........ :roll:

He's referring to feeding cows long enough to turn the yellow fat white and cut for steaks.

strawking":nyevt9nl said:
js1234":nyevt9nl said:
He's referring to feeding cows long enough to turn the yellow fat white and cut for steaks.
Do you feed any cows "js" ?
No, not really. We have in the past put younger (3's and 4's) open cows of ours on feed rather than just roll them to town. It has worked fairly decent. I have a good friend who along with his father feeds a pretty fair amount of cows and does so year round. I'd be glad to ask him for some info if it helped you out.

js1234":26y4umkw said:
strawking":26y4umkw said:
js1234":26y4umkw said:
Do you feed any cows "js" ?
No, not really. We have in the past put younger (3's and 4's) open cows of ours on feed rather than just roll them to town. It has worked fairly decent. I have a good friend who along with his father feeds a pretty fair amount of cows and does so year round. I'd be glad to ask him for some info if it helped you out.
That would be great! I want to learn more about feeding cows and marketing them.

Latest posts