Which terminal bull I should use?

Help Support CattleToday:

Taurus

Reaction score
We are planning to using a terminal bull on our cows next year since we have enough cows and not keeping any heifers this fall. So what terminal bull that you thinks that would be better on our Angus based cows?

If you want to keep them black, I would say Simmental. If color doesn't matter, Charolais.

I have concerns about charolais covering red angus cows as I have three purebred red angus here and I don't think they will give me a smokey calf. But then we could always divide the herd in half and using two different bulls, that's what we are doing this year.

Taurus":2gpeuks0 said:
I have concerns about charolais covering red angus cows as I have three purebred red angus here and I don't think they will give me a smokey calf. But then we could always divide the herd in half and using two different bulls, that's what we are doing this year.

The yellow calves should go right along with the smokes. I wouldn't worry about three head.

Totally agree on the Limmi. Since your in Minnesota there are some great ones close and it seems like smokies don't do as well price wise here.

Limousin are wild and crazy, ask anyone they will tell you it is so. Better use the simmi.

Jake some times not selling your breed is better than selling it. This is one of those times.

Red Bull Breeder":1pumt90n said:
Limousin are wild and crazy, ask anyone they will tell you it is so. Better use the simmi.

Jake some times not selling your breed is better than selling it. This is one of those times.
I looked at few Limo bulls and already considering it. Sometimes it's best thing if you don't say anything at all.

Moderate and easy fleshing aren't exactly high priority characteristics when selecting terminal sires.

Latest posts