Which terminal bull I should use?

Help Support CattleToday:

houstoncutter":1eev6lww said:
Rowdy, did you read about the contest that the Aussies are having. If you would have dug a little deeper you would have seen shorthorns are not the winners and the contest isn't over until the steers are slaughterd this month. Results will be an announced August 10... You must have had a brain fart.... Current leader is a pen of Santa gertrudis.

As a famous radio announcer said, " that's the rest of the story"

All I did was copy/paste the article.
"A pen of purebred Shorthorn steers bred by Godfrey and Spencer Morgan, The Grove, Condamine, has posted an average daily gain of 2.75kg over 100 days to win the weight gain component of the 2013 RNA Brisbane Show Paddock to Palate competition."

Rowdy":1yp409s0 said:
I read the entire article. Shorthorns won the feed out portion of the test. I didn't claim anything else. They had the highest ADG of all breeds. You also realize Gerts are 5/8 SH right? Nothing to say about a pen of SH grading low choice YG2s?

Chippie, all I know is how he described them. Those descriptors suggest they were inferior. And the fact that he's a kid still living at home also leads me to believe there's no way hes buying 'high quality' cattle....much less SHs.
You're making lot of ASSumptions. You don't even see them in person nor do you know everything about me. At last I don't making up the stories or have the heifers that can change the colors or patterns.

Why are you trying to cramming your favorite breed down into my throat when I told you that I'm not interesting into them?

So what's pros and cons on Limo x Angus, Simmi x Angus, Gelbvieh x Angus, Charolais x Angus or Hereford x Angus calves?

The greatest hybrid vigor is when u cross 2 opposite breeds ie. Continental X British.

Hybrid vigor amongst the British breed won't achieve big change but only open up the gene pool, which is health.

I really like BB as mums. Probably some of the best around, however putting a SIMM or Limo straight over British is the simplest & easiest way to add gain on your progeny going around which = $$)

Rowdy":1y0eqzwi said:
I read the entire article. Shorthorns won the feed out portion of the test. I didn't claim anything else. They had the highest ADG of all breeds. You also realize Gerts are 5/8 SH right? Nothing to say about a pen of SH grading low choice YG2s?

Chippie, all I know is how he described them. Those descriptors suggest they were inferior. And the fact that he's a kid still living at home also leads me to believe there's no way hes buying 'high quality' cattle....much less SHs.

Yep I realize they got some shorthorn in em. They just needed a touch of Brahman to make it work. Reread your article and you will see that the Gerts have won the first part of the competion. By the way, how do you know they are YG2? They haven't been killed yet

We must be reading 2 different articles. The one I posted clearly states:

"A pen of purebred Shorthorn steers bred by Godfrey and Spencer Morgan, The Grove, Condamine, has posted an average daily gain of 2.75kg over 100 days to win the weight gain component of the 2013 RNA Brisbane Show Paddock to Palate competition."

Yes, the 12 I was referring to have already been processed. Low choice YG2s are typical amongst modern shorthorn cattle. The average backfat was 0.38 inches and the average ribeye area was 12.69 square inches.