• anus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • frilly ornamentals

• any other I might have missed

• Total voters
flaboy":2875jajr said:
I wasn't going to step into this one but I just can't help myself. Is all the Angus bashing like the penis envy syndrome?

Fortunately, I have several breeds so I guess I won't need the shrink for said syndrome.

ROLFLMAO, seems very similiar to me.

Rustler9":1vrmfs8a said:
I'm not tired of hearing about any particular breed-I thought that's what this board is all about-for folks to talk about their cattle. The only thing I'm tired of and I can probably speak for some others as well is the arguments about whose breed is the best. I think they all have something to offer-am I wrong? Correct me please if I am. Not meaning to step on any body's toes either so sorry if this applies to any one in particular. I love this board but don't really like all the bickering. :)
Rustler9 - No - you are not wrong! I agree with you - I am not tired of hearing about different breeds - AS LONG AS the information regarding any particular breed is accurate! Regarding "which breed is BEST" - it depends upon where the beef operation is located and for what purpose is it being used - 1- Registered (whom are you targeting?) 2- Cow-calf (whom are you targeting? ) 3-Feeder cattle (whom are you targeting? ) 4-Terminal (Feed Lot -whom are you targeting? ) 5- Cross-Breeding Program (whom are you targeting? ) There are many, many other purposes which could be listed with the above, however I think you can recognize the 'thread' of thought that permeates this entire discussion: Whom Are You Targeting with your Product? - and how you can make YOUR Bottom Line sufficiently attractive to enable you to be able to STAY IN BUSINESS! :D

I have stated these words before on these posts: There are more differences between individuals within ANY breed than there are between HIGH quality individuals of ALL breeds ( Genotype and Phenotype factors considered here). And the one factor which is seldom mentioned - the breeder's own PERSONAL CHOICE - for whatever collection of reasons he or she may have. The same arguments prevail in choices of vehicles - Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Honda, Isusu, Toyota (notice that they are listed in alphabetical order - not NECESSARILY my particular choice - -but - -maybe - -n-a-a-w-w-w). :lol:

Suggestion: Contact some of the "other" Beef Breed Associations and ask them to send you some information concerning their particular breed! :shock: You might be surprised :shock: :eek: Then sit down at your kitchen table and ask yourself "What am I attempting to accomplish in my Beef breeding BUSINESS and am I doing the best I can to accomplish those goals?" :oops: :eek: "Best Breed" - indeed! ;-)

Muratic":3thhb7pt said:
branxchar&charx":3thhb7pt said:
to tell you the truth, i havent heard much about the "anus" breed of cattle. must make for an interesting looking ranch. ;-)

That is no typo either. I remember certherfbeef saying something about the spell checker a while back. So, i put angus in the spell check and out came ANUS. Kinda suits I think.
This exemplifies the classic inefficiency of most of these "spell checkers". Last week mine informed me that "t" was not in the dictionary. I was compelled to inform it differently. "She-e-e-e-esh-h" also is not listed! :lol:

But - getting back to the subject at hand - The QUALITY of current Beef Products resulting from Cross Breeding would be dealt a blow without the Angus Breed. Like it or not - Angus is here to stay. IMO - Make the most of the possibilities! ;-) [/i]

Cattle Rack Rancher":1p2pcy2b said:
Muratic":1p2pcy2b said:
Cattle Rack Rancher":1p2pcy2b said:
Just for the record, a Black Hereford and a black baldy are two different things. ;-)

You and I know that. And so does the rest of the world. Everyone except that blasted texbullcrap guy. You know, the guy that posts his crap and then doesn't answer anyone's questions. And to be quite honest all the questions that he has been asked were very pertinant questions. You'd think someone wanting to promote a breed would be more than willing to answer any and all questions.

My real answer to your original question is that I think that both the Herefords and the Angus thing are a bit overdone. Both are good breeds that have their strengths but neither is the absolutely supreme breed. That spot is reserved for Scottish Highlanders ;-) :D :D :D :D
Hey - They have their moments! :) What are their targets? :eek:

Doc

Couldn't agree more. Everybody needs to remember who or what brought them to this dance.

Tod Dague":1vwoa6bi said:
branxchar&charx":1vwoa6bi said:
to tell you the truth, i havent heard much about the "anus" breed of cattle. must make for an interesting looking ranch. ;-)
I think I saw a herd of them locally. I believe it was the Blue Moon Ranch.
:shock: H-m-m-m-m-m! And it would certainly make for an intriguing "Welcome To - - -" sign at the Ranch Front Entrance and cattle guard! ;-) ;-)

Latest posts