Where's Spring????

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Got up this morning and found another couple of inches on snow on the ground. I'm rather glad that I didn't put the rest of my garden in this year.
Everything is growing real slow. We had 1 really warm day and that was it.

So who's hogging the warm weather? :D ;-)

spring is here the cows are in belly deep grass.an they are staying in the back pasture on the very backside.an not hardly moving to graze.an we are still getting a good bit of rain.

:heart: Herfs, You still getting crappy weather out there :shock: and I'm not even influencing it. :oops:
We have Spring here, not hot but sunny and nice. Good rain yesterday and pastures and hay are growing.

All the moisture they called for our are missed us..We are so dry here but 5 miles west of us they are under water..They were calling for 10cm's of snow this weekend and 30 mm of rain and not that had all been changed again to 1 cm of snow and 5mm or rain BIG DEAL...WE need moisture and soon..

Send your snow this way please ILH I will take it ...

Hot and windy here today,after an inch and3/4 of rain.
Skeeters had a hayday with me today.Forgot to replace my empty can of off.

Cal

Skeeters don't seem to be a problem in 90 degree 22 mph wind. Haven't seen any grasshoppers either. Cows do have a few flies, but they must be afoot till they hitch a ride. Is it getting green yet Cal? We are beginning the downhill side of greenup. Starting the burn-up.

Be glad when winter gets here. :p

1982vett":163n8o2x said:
Skeeters don't seem to be a problem in 90 degree 22 mph wind. Haven't seen any grasshoppers either. Cows do have a few flies, but they must be afoot till they hitch a ride. Is it getting green yet Cal? We are beginning the downhill side of greenup. Starting the burn-up.

Be glad when winter gets here. :p
Sorry to hear about your luck Vette.Everything has greened up here.Coastel is going crazy and the cows are fat and squirting.Plenty thankfull but as you know it could burn up in another month in our part of the world.

Cal

the sun is out and there is a nice breeze, temp is 88 with 50% humidity here.

It's spring here, I'm seeing plenty of snakes. :shock:

Wish I could sent it your way HD.

Well Just_a_girl this sure explains why we saw the fattest rattlesnakes last fall. Never saw them so fat that their heads looked small.

It's supposed to be 86 degrees F here today. Last week, we were in the 90's several days... I'd be glad to send you a little heat.

Hey ILH,,
23_30_1261-1.gif
for sending it my way..It rained all night here, a nice steady drizzle. Now if we can get some heat soon my pasture and hay field will start to grow..

BTW the Long Term Forecast Updated: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 14:00 MDT
Monday and Tuesday:
Cloudy periods Cloudy with sunny breaks Light rain Snow Rain-snow mix Cloudy with showers
24-Hr Rain - - 2-4 mm - less than 1 mm 5-10 mm
24-Hr Snow - - close to 20 cm 10+More than 10 cm of snow possible cm close to 1 cm -

Well it is May long weekend afterall.. :help:

Hey ILH! Come on down to SE Tx if you want some heat! 89 feels like 95, the pollen is ready to play with your allergies, and yea, the snakes have come out of hiding. The days are now at the point of running the A/C on high whenever I get in the truck.

Wish I could send some moisture to those that need it, another gully washer Monday night and more predicted for tonight. Trying to get a driveway to my house results in just moving the slop around. Just can't get it to dry out. Temps still cool. Morels are not popping as they usually do in May... :( Ahh, Michigan.

Well sh@t ,,,they have called off the snow now and are predicting 2 mm of rain..WTF ??? Can we not get a break this year, it rained all day today just not here, if you went 5 miles N,S.E. or W of here they all got tons of rain.. I am still feeding hay right now and last year my cow's were out on pasture at this time, I bought more hay to tie me over and am now almost out again..I do not know what I am going to do.. :help:

I also had mowed my lawn twice this time last year ..... :roll:

The only good thing is that the purple martins are here now, 5 pairs moved into the house this week .I love hearing their chatter at 5 am.. :)

hillsdown":3u90j4b7 said:
Well sh@t ,,,they have called off the snow now and are predicting 2 mm of rain..WTF ??? Can we not get a break this year, it rained all day today just not here, if you went 5 miles N,S.E. or W of here they all got tons of rain.. I am still feeding hay right now and last year my cow's were out on pasture at this time, I bought more hay to tie me over and am now almost out again..I do not know what I am going to do.. :help:

I also had mowed my lawn twice this time last year ..... :roll:

The only good thing is that the purple martins are here now, 5 pairs moved into the house this week .I love hearing their chatter at 5 am.. :)

I feel your pain HD. Fingers crossed, we have rain forecast for tomorrow and Sunday. Been their all week and hasn't moved. Really need one as things are begining to burn up in the wind and heat.

As a note: May 15, 2008, a year ago today, was the last time it rained over three inches in a 24 hour period. Since then we have gotten 14.6 inches of rain, a shortfall of about 23.4 inches using 38 inches as average rainfall. So far this year we have gotten 7.8 inches, 1.2 less than we recieved in the same period last year.

I mowed the yard about 2 1/2 weeks ago for the first time since last August.

Latest posts