Where would you go?

Help Support CattleToday:

Named'em Tamed'em

Reaction score
Okay, I go in for my PET/CT scan on the 23rd of March to see if 6 weeks of miserable treatment worked. So, if I get a clean bill of health I would like to go somewhere, probably with sunshine. I don't mind people or cities and actually enjoy sipping a beer and people watching. I just want to be somewhere that I don't have to do anything if I don't want. I've never been to the gulf area, and we enjoy to cruise the country and explore too!

And if I don't get a clean bill of health, "F" it I still want to go somewhere!!

Do you want to see a lot of places or would a resort work for you?

we do not do a lot of sight seeing but do travel out of the country occasionally. Aruba is the about the only trip that we would like to repeat. I mostly hope you have great news from your appointment on the 23rd so you can go wherever you want and enjoy yourself without worrying about health problems. Good luck

we do not do a lot of sight seeing but do travel out of the country occasionally. Aruba is the about the only trip that we would like to repeat. I mostly hope you have great news from your appointment on the 23rd so you can go wherever you want and enjoy yourself without worrying about health problems. Good luck
I'm just thinking 5 days, quick trip.

I've only driven through the panhandle of Texas. What are interesting places along the gulf?
went to Navarre beach last year in early April. Was okay but a beach is just a beach as far as I'm concerned. Like Fence was saying, it's going to get crowded if it's warm enough to swim.

I've only driven through the panhandle of Texas. What are interesting places along the gulf?
Imo the farther southwestthe better. I'm going to spend some time at port Isabel this spring and summer. Cleaner Beaches and bluer water. You can dodge the crowds some if you avoid spring break, weekends and holidays.
Padre island national seashore. Different kinda deal. You can be completely by yourself. No cell service depending on how far you go. You need to be prepared and have 4x4. And still be prepared to get a whole different kinda stuck.Not the spot if you want the option to sit and relax and do nothing 🙂

If you want to people watch on the Gulf, go to Crystal Beach and rent a house on the beach during Jeep weekend (https://www.bolivarpeninsulatexas.com/Event-2022-5-21-Jeep-Weekend-Crystal-Beach-Texas-2022). We rented a big house there for the whole family last year to celebrate my 60th birthday. We didn't know it was Jeep weekend, and expected a quiet restful time on the beach. That didn't happen.

They also call it Jeep Top Down weekend, because people take the tops off their jeeps and drive up and down the beach. The jeep tops aren't the only ones that come down. And there's every kind of vehicle from mopeds to monster trucks. Sitting on our deck we saw one fist fight, one wreck, several vehicles sitting out in the water on Sunday morning because they'd been left there the night before and the tide came in, and I don't know how many "tops down". It isn't a family friendly event, and I wouldn't do it again, but it was interesting.

If you do the gulf I suggest Gulf Shores , Orange Beach , Destin , Navarre Beach. Avoid spring break . Beautiful beaches , white , sugar sand .
We stay in Foley when we go to the Gulf shores..then we hit different beaches ...Perdido key use to be our favorite, but last time i was there had gotten pretty crowded..

Another place I really like is Jekyll island on Georgia coast..Tybee island Not so much..I started hating that place the moment I got out of the car..was like they had a thug convention going on all weekend..

I don't like to be in crowds and would prefer a beach to myself, for a 5 day trip I would probably head to Baja California. There is plenty of people watching down at the tip. Some decent wine country to the north, cool plants and rocks in the central area and small ag and fishing towns throughout. grey whales in late winter. beer everywhere.

Latest posts