Where does the idiocy stop

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Thank Goodness we wiped out the evil buffalo

Global Warming Comments -- NCBA submitted comments this week to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) on its proposal to list the polar bear as a threatened species under the Endangered Species Act. The proposed rule claims that future risks to the polar bear are based on the so-called global risks of greenhouse gas emissions and resulting climate change. In its comments, NCBA argues that the scientific basis for this claim is unsubstantiated.

Ruminant animals, such as cattle, sheep, buffalo, and goats, because of their special digestive systems, can convert otherwise unusable plant materials into nutritious food and fiber. In the digestive process, however, the animals produce methane. Critics of agriculture believe that methane, as well as nitrous oxide and carbon dioxide emissions resulting from livestock operations, contribute to greenhouse gas emissions.

If this proposed rule were to go into effect, any activity that allegedly affects climate change or greenhouse gas emissions may have to be evaluated and approved by U.S. Fish and Wildlife for its affects on ice flows in the Artic. This could mean that with the methane and carbon dioxide produced by our animals on every U.S. cattle operation could be affected.

In comments, NCBA is asking the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to evaluate at all science and historical trends before making a final ruling. The imposition of these regulations on American industries in the name of curbing an irreversible and naturally occurring phenomenon is irrational and expensive.

When my son's team has a baseball practice cancelled due to snow in April (3 short months after the worst ice storm in history) in NE Oklahoma, I'm not too concerned about things getting too warm! :roll:

docgraybull":36k5j3v0 said:
When my son's team has a baseball practice cancelled due to snow in April (3 short months after the worst ice storm in history) in NE Oklahoma, I'm not too concerned about things getting too warm! :roll:

I don't suppose you can remember back to last April? We had already had several 90+ degree days and some 100s by this time last year.

Let's have all the cattleman's assoc, and all the farmers, and all the ranchers, and all the restaurant owners, and all the grocers, and everyone that eats get together and do a study on how the hot air from a politicians mouth is the cause for the global warming, ice cap melting, polar bear endangerment problems.

I've already seen the solution and will be taking steps to switch my operation over this weekend.
I'm gonna start farmin' Polar Bears and Spotted Owls. Should get enough donation money from the fringe groups to live right nice!

I know a Phd type who is doing experiments on this type of thing. His early finding were that there was more nitrous oxide emissions from bare plowed ground than there was from fields with manure applied. I know he isn't done with the research yet but it will be interesting if the results end up the same as his early findings. If that is what he finds, how deep do you thing they will bury his research results?

I believe it was in the fall of last year, Discover magazine had an article about the ice caps melting on mars. According to NASA, this indicated a long term warming trend of our sun. Of course, a story like this won't sell papers. But possibly, the hole in our ozone layer is funneling our emissions to Mars and melting the ice caps. Now that would sell some papers! ;-)

Are there any reasonably accurate records as to what the poulation of bison and antelope were at their peak population?
I believe the statistics would show a greater population of wild ruminants than of domestic stock today, the plains and prairies of the world are deteriorating due to being understocked,and the flora dying back due to not being stimulated by periodic grazing and trampling to rid the living plants of moribund material, allowing them to better recycle nutrients,including gasses.

Bullbuyer":38bwugll said:
I've already seen the solution and will be taking steps to switch my operation over this weekend.
I'm gonna start farmin' Polar Bears and Spotted Owls. Should get enough donation money from the fringe groups to live right nice!

Don't forget unicorns. I hear they get along real nice on the grazing that bi-horned animals leave behind.

Jogeephus":35ov1ouq said:
But possibly, the hole in our ozone layer is funneling our emissions to Mars and melting the ice caps.

I searching for an appropriate comment. Haven't found it yet. But, can I interest you in 500 acres on Mars. It will be ocean front property when the ice caps melt. Nice neighbors. Good grazing. I inherited it from my strange uncle. He went for vacation, and ended up loving the place. Good fences.

I think all this global warming is just a way for rich people to get richer selling books, movies and appearances to a bunch of gullible people.

Oh and Bullbuyer I know someone who will take some of those polar bears when you put in your order.

john250":1vx12kub said:
Jogeephus":1vx12kub said:
But possibly, the hole in our ozone layer is funneling our emissions to Mars and melting the ice caps.

I searching for an appropriate comment. Haven't found it yet. But, can I interest you in 500 acres on Mars. It will be ocean front property when the ice caps melt. Nice neighbors. Good grazing. I inherited it from my strange uncle. He went for vacation, and ended up loving the place. Good fences.

:shock: Geemanny Christmas. And I thought I had typed slowly. :roll:

Latest posts