• Liquidation Auctions & Sales

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Someone buys for me

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters

HDRider

Reaction score
Where do you favor to buy your cattle?

Talk about your operation. Seed Stock, Cow/Calf, Backgrounder, a mix of, etc...

Thanks

I have a small herd of registered cattle that I raise to sell replacement females and an occasional bull. I also turn out stocker calves to use surplus grass.

I chose the "Friends – I shop all over North America" choice because with my breed I have to travel to find new animals. I've been from south Texas to Eagle, Michigan and to Long Beach, Mississippi.

could not participate....

I only buy semen....

not a choice on the list.

the last time we bought cattle was nearly 40 years ago and we bought ten head of heifers from the farm where I had once been the cattle manager....with my cows those were the foundation of our partnership herd until my neighbor died. Only females we ever added were born here.

I buy at the local sale yard because we are so isolated it is always well under the market for the real world. But I sell on Superior or other internet means of selling. I like the idea of buying at the lowest market and selling at the highest market available.

We raise registered Herefords and we prefer to buy at the local state sales. There are so many reliable breeders that we know personally that bring their best cattle and we always have a chance to get quality animals for less than we would pay privately.

Latest posts