Where do you purchase drugs?

Help Support CattleToday:

robertwhite

Reaction score
I need to put a kit together to keep on hand in case meds are needed and other than the OTC stuff available at the Co-Op (Noromycin, Triangle 9, etc), where do you guys obtain your prescription only (Lutalyse, Oxytocin, PreDef, etc) drugs?

There is NO large animal vet in our area and supposedly, a local vet will sell the drugs for use in cattle, but I can only imagine what he charges (probably 2x what they go for online). I also would imagine that he will not just hand out a prescription so I can buy online.

Thoughts?

Lucky_P":3eqt7zi2 said:
You might be surprised. Have you had a conversation with the local veterinarian?

I stopped by yesterday and of course, he was on vacation. :frowns: I will have to stop back next week.

Went to the local vet and he had all meds I needed and for a very reasonable price. Very surprised, but also very pleased.

Jeffers offered some good deals on volume purchases. Best deal I could find anywhere on the fly tags I use and pour on wormers.

Prescription items come through a vet who lives about 100 miles off. I don't inject his cattle or mine without consulting him first.

Valley Vet for vaccinations.

My vet (10 miles away) for prescription drugs. My vet works at the sale barn so I hit him up there. If he doesn't have it in his truck he will call his office and they have it for me when I stop by.

Tyrone's second cousin (I don't give out his name) from recreational stuff.

Latest posts