where are the bulls?

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms

Reaction score
Anyone know of any quality hereford or charolais bulls in the southern Louisiana? I've about had it up to my eyeballs with supposed seedstock producers trying to sell what should be steers as herd bulls. Although I do have one simmi that I'm favoring, I'm still going to need either a quality hereford or charolais. I e-mailed The char farm (HR?) in Collins, Mississippi, and awaiting their response. I just can't seem to find any hereford worth his salt around here - and the thought of traveling several hundred miles to get one (Texas does have some nice ones as well as a farm in Georgia) isn't very appealing.

Anyone know of anything available of quality???

Thanks!

Try Tennessee River Music in Alabama. They have some good stock, and most all the big name breeders will help you with delivery. The bull I have now went from Montana to Denver to Texas to being dropped off an hour drive away from me at a friends place late at night, the driver got held up in traffic coming from Texas, friend was staying up waiting for somebody else to arrive and offered to keep him till I could pick him up. Didn't cost me anything, just had to wait a couple weeks till somebody was heading this way. Them Hereford folks are a helpfull bunch. :)

cypressfarms":2n847fpg said:
Anyone know of any quality hereford or charolais bulls in the southern Louisiana? I've about had it up to my eyeballs with supposed seedstock producers trying to sell what should be steers as herd bulls. Although I do have one simmi that I'm favoring, I'm still going to need either a quality hereford or charolais. I e-mailed The char farm (HR?) in Collins, Mississippi, and awaiting their response. I just can't seem to find any hereford worth his salt around here - and the thought of traveling several hundred miles to get one (Texas does have some nice ones as well as a farm in Georgia) isn't very appealing.

Thanks!

Call these folks and see what they have, if it sounds promising, hook the trailer up and make the drive, it isn't that far. http://www.innisfailfarm.com/
:nod:

cypressfarms":3q7f1liq said:

Thanks!
theres several charolais breeders in south alabama,, you remember Mike Calis on here , Buck Compton, and Frank Ellis

a few years ago i bought a nice herford from william bell over near Poplarville ms.....i raise reg. charolais cattle, but do not have any breeding age bulls for sale now...pm me...

Have never dealt with them personally, but I've heard some good things about Debtor Herefords. They're in Alabama, I believe.

cfpinz":352pgfup said:
Have never dealt with them personally, but I've heard some good things about Debtor Herefords. They're in Alabama, I believe.
they are , but they raise horned cattle, ive used a couple of their bulls years ago in my brahman/ herf F1 program... all offsprings were great, but i had 101% horned calve's :p

Come on over to East Texas. There are a couple of breeders in the Canton/Emory area that have good Polled Herefords.

Latest posts