When is it going to Stop

Help Support CattleToday:

The "we could get along if they let us..." is what really gets to me. Here, in old conservative W. Central Texas we don't really care about your race, color, where you came from....none of that, we care about what you can and can't do. Most folks here don't want to know about your sexual preference, or political stance; they just want you to be honest, treat all folks with respect, and don't be a nuisance. I think a lot of the folks whining about "fair treatment" just can't get along with normal folks. Can't, or don't want, to put in a fair days work for a fair days pay.

Heck, we have a "neighborhood" get together every now and then; let's see, there's white, Hispanic, folks of varying heritages all wrapped into one, germans, irish, Mexican, one confirmed lesbian, etc...we laugh, tell stories, solve some world problems, give hugs and handshakes, and then head back to our homes. It seems, we "all" can just get along.

ropinranger":1i6fj6am said:
The "we could get along if they let us..." is what really gets to me. Here, in old conservative W. Central Texas we don't really care about your race, color, where you came from....none of that, we care about what you can and can't do. Most folks here don't want to know about your sexual preference, or political stance; they just want you to be honest, treat all folks with respect, and don't be a nuisance. I think a lot of the folks whining about "fair treatment" just can't get along with normal folks. Can't, or don't want, to put in a fair days work for a fair days pay.

Heck, we have a "neighborhood" get together every now and then; let's see, there's white, Hispanic, folks of varying heritages all wrapped into one, germans, irish, Mexican, one confirmed lesbian, etc...we laugh, tell stories, solve some world problems, give hugs and handshakes, and then head back to our homes. It seems, we "all" can just get along.
And that is how it's supposed to be.

Lend a hand, don't demand a handout.

ropinranger":lbu9p8sz said:

Do you invite the Mormon polygamist that built that big temple out there??

Caustic Burno":1xdvqso0 said:
HDRider":1xdvqso0 said:
We should all follow their lead... From the article...

And in Texas — the epicenter of anti-government angst, the home of the last two Republicans elected president, where Democrats haven't won a statewide election in 22 years — conservatism and Confederate mythology continue to dominate.

The SCV is alive and well in East Texas

http://iketurner.scv.org/Camp%20News.htm

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthr ... ifles-quot
Just a bunch of old men still living in the past. We got SCV outfit around here too. They have a couple of ceremonies during the year at the courthourse.

well, that would be a bit of a logistical nightmare...since he is currently a ward of the state....lol

But, that would fall under the "be honest, treat all folks with respect, and don't be a nuisance" part of what I said...he, and the others like him are none of those. :cboy:

I think that place is up for sale now....or, it may have sold. It's about 80 miles from where I live, and 40 from where I work.

TexasBred":3jt8tkrr said:
Caustic Burno":3jt8tkrr said:
HDRider":3jt8tkrr said:
We should all follow their lead... From the article...

And in Texas — the epicenter of anti-government angst, the home of the last two Republicans elected president, where Democrats haven't won a statewide election in 22 years — conservatism and Confederate mythology continue to dominate.

The SCV is alive and well in East Texas

http://iketurner.scv.org/Camp%20News.htm

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthr ... ifles-quot
Just a bunch of old men still living in the past. We got SCV outfit around here too. They have a couple of ceremonies during the year at the courthourse.

Kinda hard to be in the past TB when it is still here today

ropinranger":2zj6uyzh said:
well, that would be a bit of a logistical nightmare...since he is currently a ward of the state....lol

But, that would fall under the "be honest, treat all folks with respect, and don't be a nuisance" part of what I said...he, and the others like him are none of those. :cboy:

I think that place is up for sale now....or, it may have sold. It's about 80 miles from where I live, and 40 from where I work.
I knew they got "Him" and put a lot of the women and kids in other housing for awhile but remember them all also being released. Didn't really know if they still had that big temple out there and all the other folks might still be there are not.

Caustic Burno":1s1bw3gq said:
TexasBred":1s1bw3gq said:
Caustic Burno":1s1bw3gq said:

Get over it CB. There is no CSA anymore. Only a bunch of guys with 21st century "copy cat" uniforms and old guns pretending to be 19th century soldiers . Got a cousin that does it over in East Texas. They even call it a "reenactment . Guess it's a notch above KKK membership though.

TexasBred":axdacgbr said:
Caustic Burno":axdacgbr said:
TexasBred":axdacgbr said:

Get over it CB. There is no CSA anymore. Only a bunch of guys with 21st century "copy cat" uniforms and old guns pretending to be 19th century soldiers . Got a cousin that does it over in East Texas. They even call it a "reenactment . Guess it's a notch above KKK membership though.

No different than someone on Broadway acting out a historical scene portraying Joan of Arc or Henry VIII or The Thirty Years War or whatever is it?

TB as much as you hate it you can never ever change it or understand it.
The philosophy will remain long after you and the liberal media that protest it are gone. Just makes the resolve even stronger.
You just don't get the concept that you can't tell us what to think or believe.

Caustic Burno":yc99bz2s said:
The philosophy will remain long after you and the liberal media that protest it are gone. Just makes the resolve even stronger.
+1
Stronger than many can understand.
Not only do they not understand, they certainly can't understand why.

JMJ Farms":1hje6mmu said:
TexasBred":1hje6mmu said:
Caustic Burno":1hje6mmu said:

No different than someone on Broadway acting out a historical scene portraying Joan of Arc or Henry VIII or The Thirty Years War or whatever is it?

True....it's all just acting.

Caustic Burno":13fixsba said:
Not trying to change your mind CB. Have always known that wasn't going to happen. Only giving you the other side since you've never heard but one side all your life and refuse to even acknowledge anything you dodn't agree with.

TexasBred":2c8sezyz said:
Caustic Burno":2c8sezyz said:
Not trying to change your mind CB. Have always known that wasn't going to happen. Only giving you the other side since you've never heard but one side all your life and refuse to even acknowledge anything you dodn't agree with.

TB I understand the federalist thought process people today express it with a H bumper sticker. Never the intent of the framers of the constitution you should try reading it as written.

Latest posts