What's your story ?

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":18o47ctf said:
what do you do with those ears, when you gotta screw you'r hat down tight :lol:[/quote]

well the flaps help to wedge the hat on tighter if you pull the hat down tight enough. don't want them to get to flapping as I might get airborne.....well not so much any more as i weigh near 250 now and even those ears won't handle those aerodynamics.

i grew up with cattle.an ill die with cattle on the place.i dont follow the cattle fads,i raise what i like.

kenny thomas":o8b7ikey said:
Grew up a tobacco farmer with my dad running a small dairy. All this as a sharecropper. Grew up poor as the landowner got most of what we made. When I got married my father-in-law was a cattle trader. I ended up having to drive him to all the stockyards and helping with the cattle he bought. Thought if I was going to have to do it anyway some of them might as well be my own. He taught me a lot expecially when he sold me one. :nod: I am still pretty small keeping about 70 cow calf pairs, but buy and sell several hundred per year.
Never had any help for financing from either side of the family. Just had to buy more as I had extra money. Still not rich but if I see a cow or bull I want I can find some cash for the purchase.

70 Pairs ain't all that small :wave:

pdfangus":1r9u4x70 said:
my story is a story....

I started my autobiography years ago but then figured out that nobody but me gave a hoot.

even if the story is a hoot....

the beginning is posted at this link.

http://americancowboy.com/blogs/pdfangus/legend-baby-jim-0

By the way, you've a knack for writing and telling a story..I like it. Keep it going and post links :tiphat:

Caustic Burno":psa95ia6 said:
It is a genetic flaw that has been passed from generation to generation. Been around cows since I was born and will die with the hateful beast around. It has been a love hate relationship from the begining. Cattle today are much easier than in my more youthful days, we have come leaps and bounds. Mother nature just seems to kick my butt harder now, a lot of that has to do with health issues. You can't outrun your epd's.

So, the love part of the relationship seems to win out in the end :D

Well, I had a lifelong dream of being a pioneer in "Cat Herding". Thanks to a mishap with predictive text on google I wound up at "cattle today" instead of "cat herding today". I saw some cantankerous old farts like 3waycross, Dun, AC, and KT, telling everyone what to do, and what was wrong with their operations. I liked it! So I decided if I wanted to be a cantankerous old fart I had better get started. :lol:

Isomade":29v6fjrg said:
Well, I had a lifelong dream of being a pioneer in "Cat Herding". Thanks to a mishap with predictive text on google I wound up at "cattle today" instead of "cat herding today". I saw some cantankerous old farts like 3waycross, Dun, AC, and KT, telling everyone what to do, and what was wrong with their operations. I liked it! So I decided if I wanted to be a cantankerous old fart I had better get started. :lol:

YEAH....MY CAT HERDING CAREER DIDN'T GET VERY FAR EITHER.....

LIKE A FOOL, I WILL STILL GET A NOTION OF TAKING OUT AFTER A CAT NOW AND AGAIN....
BUT I HIT THE END OF THE ROPE AT, WHAT FOR ME, IS FULL SPEED ANYMORE, AND GET TURNED ASS OVER TEA KETTLE AND I RECALL THAT CAT HERDING IS FROWNED UPON IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT. DON'T MUCH GET KICKED IN THE BUTT ANYMORE.....BUT HEAR SOME LAUGHTER AND COMMENTS ABOUT FOOL OLD DOG WON'T EVER LEARN.

Isomade":v8zfuogv said:

You mean like this !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxwTC13f1PE

CottageFarm":jrp4d24l said:
Isomade":jrp4d24l said:

You mean like this !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxwTC13f1PE
:nod: that's where the dream started. Commercial firs hit during the 1998 Superbowl. And my dream was born.

pdfangus":oemzeemv said:
my story is a story....

I started my autobiography years ago but then figured out that nobody but me gave a hoot.

even if the story is a hoot....

the beginning is posted at this link.

http://americancowboy.com/blogs/pdfangus/legend-baby-jim-0

I read the whole thing about a year ago and found it not only interesting but very well written. A must read in my opinion. :nod:

Isomade":18dw0ztm said:
Who ya calling old ???
He77 Dun is ANCIENT compared to the rest of Us
and don't let KT fool ya he is a millionaire Land baron and just has cows for a tax break
and 3way has sold more beef than anyone on here could raise in a yr

Angus Cowman":1dsqv715 said:
Isomade":1dsqv715 said:
Who ya calling old ???
He77 Dun is ANCIENT compared to the rest of Us
and don't let KT fool ya he is a millionaire Land baron and just has cows for a tax break
and 3way has sold more beef than anyone on here could raise in a yr
See what I mean? Being a cantankerous old fart is where its at! So how long do I have to go? :banana:

For us it was because a coworker of hubby raises cattle and suggested he did the same. When he mentioned it to me I said, "I am game if you are", and we made a 'tree change' and changed our lives.

Latest posts