What's wrong with my State! Baby Gaberiel

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Over in Lincoln Co, Oregon there is a 30 month old boy, who has lived with his foster family since he was a few days old. They have been trying to adopt him for a year or so. Gaberiel's background; mom is a american citizen, who lost her rights do to drugs. Dad is a illegal alien, from Mexico who is currently in prison for drugs and 2 counts of child abuse. Foster parents have 4, basically grown kids of there own, kids in college, he's a sherrif and both are very up standing people. The State of Oregon department of child services (DHS) says that the child needs to go to Mexico, to be raised by his grandmother (who has already raised a drug running child abuser) to learn his culture, they are planning to deport him to his grandmothers place, who has never seen him. The boy speaks no spanish, he does not know anyone in Mexico.... he is a american citizen by birth! Both birth parents say do not send the boy to Mexico, Grandma wants him, but I feel one reason is that if she gets him the state of OR will send her $365 per month of support because he is a special needs child, (from news reports he seems like a normal toddler). Our fantastic Governor is supporting DHS, yea he is the same one that does not support ICE, or homeland security, the same one that issues Oregon drivers licenses to illegal aliens, no questions asked. The same one that has made it so you can't deport illegals for just being here against the law, but they can get free health care and food stamps. He's the one that will allow a 2 and 1/2 year old little american citizen to be kicked out of the country and go to a third world country and be raised by complete strangers. So far only 1 of our politicians are getting involved, every other political hero is hands off.

I hope this isn't so political it gets removed, just wanted to shed some light on how bright our state leaders are.

Alan

We had a simalir issue with WASHINGTON State DHS, When we were Foster parents. DHS feels they can do no wrong. They forget these kids bond the thier foster parents and are tramatized when "tore" from their Foster Family. We had a boy from 2 weeks old to 2 1/2 years and they choose to send away.

I don't trust the State DHS any more then I do a rabid skunk.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sad fact is that they will always try to place children with family members. I think it is a crock, as well. I knew a fellow I went to school with. He and his girlfriend had a baby, told the family that it had died. Meanwhile, the baby was adopted by a loving family and raised till she was 3 years old.

The birth mother changed her mind and the adoption was reversed. The birth parents lived with the father's mother in a run down house. He was a druggie. They had several other children. I knew him. It was really bad.

One of my biggest problems with this is Oregon government won't do a thing about illegal aliens or the crime that come with some of them. As a tax payer, I'm forced to pay for their benifits, yet when a baby is involved, my Oregon government has decided to dig in their heels a deport this American Citizen to Mexico because of his skin color. Meaning he is mexican so he belongs in Mexico so he can go up to be Mexican. He is also half caucasin (sp), so what about his american heritage? I guess that he gets deported to mexico it means when he turns 16 he can sneak back across the border! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm not trying to make this a racial issue, it's the state that is making it a race issue, but they are justifing it. :mad: :mad:

Alan

What can I say? I agree with the notion that the state is just trying to cut loose a case, and grandstand while doing it. It sounds as tho the state is pandering to certain cultural groups. I'd love to know what cultural background the caseworkers and their supervisors are.

There's another thing to think about. The baby is 1/2 anglo. I wonder how he'll assimilate into the hispanic culture...will he be accepted by them or ostracized?

I remember when the U.S. pulled out of Viet Nam and left behind all of those amerasian children. The poor kids had a hard life in Viet Nam simply because they were not Asian, and especially because they were 1/2 caucasian. And the children of black servicemen were treated as less than dirt.

This is a sad state of affairs, no doubt about it.

Alice

One other thing, does the child's mother, Gabriel's mother, not have family that would like to take the child?

Alice

Alice":3una77bu said:
One other thing, does the child's mother, Gabriel's mother, not have family that would like to take the child?

Alice

According to the reports, The mothers side only has her mom, and she has been deemed unfit also.... by DHS.

Alan":1sbe18jw said:
Alice":1sbe18jw said:

Alice

According to the reports, The mothers side only has her mom, and she has been deemed unfit also.... by DHS.

I'd like to say that nothing gets CPS going more than the media, but it looks as tho that's not the case here. I will say that if I were the foster parents I would let whomever know that they were in my crosshairs...that I would follow that baby's progress from the time he left until he was 18. AND, if any harm came to him at any time, whomever made these decisions would have he11 to pay.

I'd do what I could to dig up any kind of dirt on those caseworkers and their supervisors...I'd find out all of their miserable screw-ups....and they'd know I found 'em. AND, I wouldn't back off...I'd be a thorn in CPS's side...and that's just for starters!

Alice

Latest posts