what's the difference?

Help Support CattleToday:

fenceman

Reaction score
Had a doctors appointment in round rock today. Raining like he'll anyway.I end up with a few hours to kill. I ended up in academy. I haven't bought ammo in a while so I decided to do that. I get several boxes of 30/30, .243, .30_06, .270. My favorite..22 magnum is not available no news there. I've always used the Remington power point. Because it's the cheapest. Now I noticed all the exotic calibers. And very expensive ammo for standard calibers. Now I've seen deer shot with all types of rifles. You know I can't say I've ever seen one more dead than the other.so what's the big difference.
Next I wander over to look at icechest. I pack a lunch and sometimes dinner every day. Now they have these yeti icechest pushing 300.00 PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE HE'LL. I admit it looks very well made. I can buy 10 Colman 5day coolers for that. So what's the difference???

I don;t know about the coolers, but I was shocked when I saw the price.
Now the ammo, the exotic bullets vs the old stnd-by cup and core bullets have their place. Light bullets for the caliber or some of the rediculous high velocitys with some of the new magnums the exotics will perform more consistantly. For the common calibers, normal bullet for caliber and speeds make the cup and core bullets just as effective and a helluva lot more affordable.

Hunting shows,

people watch that crap and think they have to have the latest and greatest. When I see people go out and spend 10k on an camo electric golf cart (bad boy buggies) while living in a trailer I know we are in trouble as a nation. Put camo on it and double the price.

So, that's my take, you need to come up with something new in order to give a reason to buy it. More deer killed with a .22 lr than any other caliber most likely.

I don't understand the whole deer hunting thing anyway, if you come out to my place you can line up 4 deer to hit with one shot no problem most any evening (dang overgrown rats!) sorry for the rant...

I worked for a man he said he had a rifle and I do not remember the caliber. He said the velocity was so great that shooting at a coyote if you got close the shock wave from the bullet would kill. I always doubted it but did not argue as he was my boss.

fenceman":12baui8b said:
Next I wander over to look at icechest. I pack a lunch and sometimes dinner every day. Now they have these yeti icechest pushing 300.00 PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE HE'LL. I admit it looks very well made. I can buy 10 Colman 5day coolers for that. So what's the difference???

I've got a Coleman 8 day. Huge. $150 Someone sat on it. Buy the Coleman and you are guaranteed every lazy fat person you come in contact with will sit on it and eventually the lid will ge gone. Every ice chest I have ever owned has been sat on and damaged. I can have chairs sitting around empty and some fool is going to sit on my ice chest.

Oldest daughter gave me a Yetti. It almost feels yuppy to be seen with it. No one has sat on it yet. Lid doesn't blow open gonig down the road because they have the rubber fasteners. I would never spend that kind of money on an ice chest that size.

The 5-Day will work just as good as the Yeti but I've never seen one last over a few years. Lid is built cheap. Yeti will last a lifetime unless someone steals it. JMO

I have a Yeti that I received for Christmas. I wouldn't have bought one for myself, but unless it gets lost or stolen it will never need to be replaced. I'm not saying they're worth the money, just that they are well made.

The thing I don't like about the Yeti is the lid seals so tightly it forms a vacuum and is hard to open at times. At times when my patience is thin and I'm hot and needing something to drink this really pizzes me off.

We use an Engel cooler, like a yeti, to fish in the gulf with. Less ice is the biggest advantage I see. It doubles as a casting platform too so, it gets somebody standing on it a good part of the day.

Was at Cabelas in Waco today and they were pretty well stocked with .22 ammo. It was expensive but they had it even had some 500 round Remington boxes.

wacocowboy":2veai887 said:
Was at Cabelas in Waco today and they were pretty well stocked with .22 ammo. It was expensive but they had it even had some 500 round Remington boxes.
Hoffpaures in lampasas has pallets of long rifle its 22 mag. Thzt is impossible to find

Jogeephus":1u57ctj0 said:
The thing I don't like about the Yeti is the lid seals so tightly it forms a vacuum and is hard to open at times. At times when my patience is thin and I'm hot and needing something to drink this really pizzes me off.
When mine does that I open the drain plug and it will vent . They make a replacement plug that vents it also.

I like the Yeti's as long as someone else buys them for me and carries them to and from the boat :) They are tough and will keep 40 lbs of ice for at least four days, maybe longer but our trip only lasted that long. Maybe when I win the lotto I'll buy one.

hurleyjd":36ip78fy said:
I worked for a man he said he had a rifle and I do not remember the caliber. He said the velocity was so great that shooting at a coyote if you got close the shock wave from the bullet would kill. I always doubted it but did not argue as he was my boss.
Watch the grass out in front of a benchrest where a high velocity cartridge is being fired. It bends it over but does not blow it off. Nevertheless, wise policy, don't make your boss mad if you still want the job.

I don't have a Yeti but from what I've seen it would take two people to steal one. Very heavy ice chest. I prefer putting my money in $150 sunglasses.

ga.prime":npeq3nt2 said:
I don't have a Yeti but from what I've seen it would take two people to steal one. Very heavy ice chest. I prefer putting my money in $150 sunglasses.
Got a couple pair of Maui Jims....only slightly used. "For Sale". :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":d2ma7qb8 said:
ga.prime":d2ma7qb8 said:
Got a couple pair of Maui Jims....only slightly used. "For Sale". :lol2: :lol2:
:D Nice shades, no doubt. I might pursue that offer except all monies allocated for sunglasses are depleted at least until sometime in 2016.

Latest posts