Whats sells good in central Tx?

Help Support CattleToday:

Brangus. Angus. Hereford. Charlois. Black Baldies and all the said crossed. To the east you'll see some Limousine and Gelbvieh. We ain't picky. :)

Kingfisher":10za6cms said:
Brangus. Angus. Hereford. Charlois. Black Baldies and all the said crossed. To the east you'll see some Limousine and Gelbvieh. We ain't picky. :)

I called my sale barn today he said starting our fresh angus cows with a hereford bull. They like the black calf with a white face and its brings good money...

Sniper338":3pi27wne said:
wacocowboy":3pi27wne said:
Brangus x Hereford and Char crosses will bring the most.

Thats what I have in mind is brangus cows on a hereford bull...

Starting up it will probably cost you less to use Hereford cows with a Brangus bull. Also starting out those Hereford cows will be a lot easier to work with than the Brangus cows.

Dave":5elkkucu said:
Sniper338":5elkkucu said:
wacocowboy":5elkkucu said:

Starting up it will probably cost you less to use Hereford cows with a Brangus bull. Also starting out those Hereford cows will be a lot easier to work with than the Brangus cows.

Seen some 4 year old Brangus cows on cattle range 2300 each seen some Hereford cows 2-5 years old 2750 each. Hereford cows are in high demand around here to make F1 tigers.

wacocowboy":ltqqbz75 said:
Seen some 4 year old Brangus cows on cattle range 2300 each seen some Hereford cows 2-5 years old 2750 each. Hereford cows are in high demand around here to make F1 tigers.
Hard to really find good hereford cows. Most you see here there and yonder are just bred down junk with a white face.

TexasBred":2g442n5d said:
wacocowboy":2g442n5d said:
Hard to really find good hereford cows. Most you see here there and yonder are just bred down junk with a white face.

Very true. I have a ranch close by that has some of the best Hereford heifers and cows. Don't know where they get the Hereford heifers from, but they sure do produce some nice F1 heifers.

Sniper338":2vbvdw0x said:
wacocowboy":2vbvdw0x said:

Bulls on cows will give you more calves than cows on a bull. Lol
Since you are a silver spoon/silver platter kinda cattleman purchas some F-1 Braford cows from the Broken Triangle sale in Caldwell. Put a Black Angus bull on Brafords and you will wean more pounds than a Hereford bull on Brangus cows.

Latest posts