Whats on tonight?

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Tenterfield,New England Region NSW,Australia
What are board members up to tonight and tomorrow? Well I'm off to work shortly for night duty at our local hospital. I'm an RN on with an Enrolled Nurse. Could be busy could be quiet who knows what could happen. What might come in the door at any time.Last week when I worked night shift it was busy. Indigenous members of our community took it upon themselves to fight amongst themselves most of the nights. Blood ++++ and foul language. haven't been hit by a client for a while must be due again soon. Have learnt to duck and dive for cover. We have duress alarms but it takes a while for the police to arrive when you are cornered by an irate person.
Here goes will let you know what happens.
Good night. :D Colin

Gee Colin sounds a bit like my training in the ER before I could get my EMT-B cert. It was suppose to be 10 hours. I ended up with 13 hours instead.
Let's see 2 teens attacked with a baseball bat, 6 heart attacks, 1 suicide, 1 seperated shoulder, and numerous other things.
They had a code called so that is why I was there an extra 3 hrs. The other Dr and nurses were doing the code.

Got an appreciation dinner tonight for the EMS volunteers in our county. Should be fun especially if a page goes out, that can clear a room full of us quickly. :lol:

Hope you are safe.

Sounds interesting, and some ones got to to it. That being said :) glad it's you and not me. :cowboy:

Oh heck yeah, Colin...I want to know what happens. This is better than any stupid reality show...which I don't watch. But I'll read what you write... :) I'm being honest here, Colin...I know that what you deal with is way more interesting that what's on TV...

Alice :)

We had a busy one last night. One triage 2 and 2 triage 3s. Triage 2s need to be seen by the doctor within ten minutes and threes need to be seen within twenty minutes. Well the triage two was a lady with central chest pain. A bit scarey till she reverted from atrial fibrillation to sinus rhythm.
Working with a slow nurse makes things a bit difficult. Bit cold here tonight,down to 7c already,a frost or two around this morning further down the Tablelands. Back to work again tonight,have another 3 to go after tonight. Enjoy nursing most of the time despite all the politics and the state of our health system.
Colin :banana:

Australian Cattleman":w5xzu5x3 said:
We had a busy one last night. One triage 2 and 2 triage 3s. Triage 2s need to be seen by the doctor within ten minutes and threes need to be seen within twenty minutes. Well the triage two was a lady with central chest pain. A bit scarey till she reverted from atrial fibrillation to sinus rhythm.
Working with a slow nurse makes things a bit difficult. Bit cold here tonight,down to 7c already,a frost or two around this morning further down the Tablelands. Back to work again tonight,have another 3 to go after tonight. Enjoy nursing most of the time despite all the politics and the state of our health system.
Colin :banana:
You are in a very important profession, Colin. I have been involved with a family member in hospital for some days now. I have dealt with nurses ranging from angels on earth to absolute idiots. I have the greatest of appreciation for the good ones.
What you do really matters.

Latest posts