What would you do?

Help Support CattleToday:

Cada22

Reaction score
I just purchased a farm in central Alabama that has a 40x80 metal barn on it. Dirt floor. Solid construction. Looking to try to turn it into a money making part of the overall farm. Hay storage is already covered in another shed along with a covered working chute and catch facility. Not really a good area of the farm to host anything like sales or anything like that due to the parking situation around it. Also not really a retail type area. Considered using it to raise and sell pullets or possibly a confinement area to raise goats or sheep. There are potentially two acres of ditch and slope attached that could be fenced with a little bit of brush grazing. What would you use it for to make money? No pics of it yet because we haven't closed on the property yet.

I just purchased a farm in central Alabama that has a 40x80 metal barn on it. Dirt floor. Solid construction. Looking to try to turn it into a money making part of the overall farm. Hay storage is already covered in another shed along with a covered working chute and catch facility. Not really a good area of the farm to host anything like sales or anything like that due to the parking situation around it. Also not really a retail type area. Considered using it to raise and sell pullets or possibly a confinement area to raise goats or sheep. There are potentially two acres of ditch and slope attached that could be fenced with a little bit of brush grazing. What would you use it for to make money? No pics of it yet because we haven't closed on the property yet.

Personally I wouldn't worry about making money with the barn. I raise goats outside I have thought of a pig barn but that's a waste to me when I can do it outside. I personally find metal buildings are more valuable being used for farm assets than a money maker. I personally if I wanted to make money would open up a metal fab shop or welding repair shop if it were me.

Latest posts