What would you do if.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Take off your shirt and use it to distract his attention (only if he is charging....and....drag it behind you).... Find a point where you can let go of the shirt when he is almost on you, and you might get him to focus his attention on the clothing long enough that you might get clear. You can also try tight circles continuously moving in a direction to safety.

If you fall cover your head, lay as flat as you can and keep your head away from his direction of attack. Sometimes just a slap on the nose with your hand, a stick, or even a rolled up shirt can suprise an aggressive one enough to faint it off........and sometimes it will just make them more aggreessive... :eek:. You can run for a stock tank, or a pickup...just choose your best option before you get in trouble.

Best bet is to get a feel for a bulls temperment before you give up safe ground or a way to escape. Keep you distance, never turn your back, and always have something in your hand you can weld.... :)

Plan A;
A well placed smack across the nose with a sorting whip or a piece of plastic pipe.

Plan B;
FEETS DON"T FAIL ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plan C;
A dog with great instincts. We were weaning 2 weeks ago and I was in the runway trying to push 40 cows into the corral. The bunch up front sulled up and decided to reverse course, so they all followed suit. The drag cow turned into the lead cow in about 3 seconds. So I'm faced with 1200lbs of horned nutcase going the wrong way. I had no escape that wasn't going to get me hurt and all I could do was smack her across the face with a 2in plastic pipe. Next thing I know here comes my buddies 2yr old female BOXER and latches onto said cows nose. Not only saved me but got things going the right way. Guess who my new best friend is?

1848, I like the idea about take your shirt off. Especially for the ladies. :lol:

Walt

News report: A topless lady was trampled to death earlier today by a bull. Investigators are still trying to figure out what happened. :lol:

Walt

3waycross":29dtnpn1 said:
Plan A;
A well placed smack across the nose with a sorting whip or a piece of plastic pipe.

Plan B;

Plan C;
A dog with great instincts. We were weaning 2 weeks ago and I was in the runway trying to push 40 cows into the corral. The bunch up front sulled up and decided to reverse course, so they all followed suit. The drag cow turned into the lead cow in about 3 seconds. So I'm faced with 1200lbs of horned nutcase going the wrong way. I had no escape that wasn't going to get me hurt and all I could do was smack her across the face with a 2in plastic pipe. Next thing I know here comes my buddies 2yr old female BOXER and latches onto said cows nose. Not only saved me but got things going the right way. Guess who my new best friend is?

That is a good dog.

Txwalt":1mmghizd said:
News report: A topless lady was trampled to death earlier today by a bull. Investigators are still trying to figure out what happened. :lol:

Walt
I will have to be bribed or I am going to start finger pointing!!!

Nowland ~ I was thinking the same darn thing :shock:

Txwalt":3scnl45g said:

Walt

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually the bra strap snapped on the snout could do the trick!

As far as the dog....be very careful. A dog could cause some real problems if they don't know what they are doing...especially when they run back around you or heal the animal toward you?

Gate Opener":3t1bxbql said:
3waycross":3t1bxbql said:
Plan A;

Plan B;

Plan C;

That is a good dog.

You're telling me? I honestly think she saved my life, cause if that cow had got by all 40 of them would have done a tap dance on my old carcass.

I have never had a bull come at me but I've got it all planned out in my head. First I will do a thunder clap, that is palms to the ears to stun it (saw that in a movie once only it was done to a person). When it is momentarily stunned I will jab my thumbs in its eyes to blind it. After that I will walk around to the other side and deliver a karate kick to the SC. That will obviously knock him down for a good 10 minutes or so as all men know. I will not be liable for any failures in executing this technique.

Walt

ffamom":i59tnxhp said:
What would you do if a cow/bull was attacking you? I know prevention is the best measure, but attacks are still going to happen.

During a shark attack you punch them and bears you play dead. You hear about attacks, and I myself have been pounded into the ground, but I can't find any articles on the best way to end the attack.

How would you save your life?
Do not run from the animal.
Circle to side and back toward the body of the animal. They can't turn very fast.Hard to explain in words. Watch some rodeo bullfighters. They move to the side in a circle.

If you are down, don't lay there. Move. Crawl or whatever and try to get away from feet. They are dangerous.
If they hit you with their head, you want to be moving to lessen the impact. Don't be a stationary target.