October 3
October 22; Interval 19 days
November 9; Interval 18 days
November 30; Interval 21 days

Bred 7:30 AM December 1

Passed first 21 days with no activity.

Morning of December 28 Today:
Hair matted and chalk mostly gone.
Another cow that was on a 7 day protocol involving a CIDR was in heat. These two where engaged in a "takes two to tango". I expected the other cow in heat but it raised my concern that this heifer was so involved.

How would you process this information?

You could pull a blood test. I believe they are accurate for 30 days bred

Lazy M":1f2znj4p said:
You could pull a blood test. I believe they are accurate for 30 days bred

That is what I will do. At 30 days I can pull a sample. If she came back in, it is out of order with her pattern which suggests early embryonic death. Her vulva was also pink and moist. But no mucus. I always see mucus a day before estrus behavior. I am about 50 % in the camp that she lost her pregnancy. Which rarely happens here.

Blood test may not work if she stuck and aborted.
invest in some patches Ron, me personally I don't like chalk, but if that patch turns bright all over breed her, now if she is bred that cervix will be sticky and you can tell, I had 2 do me that way at once, couldn't pass the rod but I didn't use a lot of force. they calved perfect to first breeding. if the rod guides right through place it!!!!

bse":1wt76y72 said:
Blood test may not work if she stuck and aborted.
invest in some patches Ron, me personally I don't like chalk, but if that patch turns bright all over breed her, now if she is bred that cervix will be sticky and you can tell, I had 2 do me that way at once, couldn't pass the rod but I didn't use a lot of force. they calved perfect to first breeding. if the rod guides right through place it!!!!

Here is something. I saw her laying like she was ill about 8 or 9 days ago. I just passed over it. But she had that look.

I didn't know that about the blood sample.