What Were They Thinking....

Help Support CattleToday:

warpaint

Reaction score
When the Dallas Cowboys signed T.O.?

His prima donna attitude and his habit of referring to hisself as T.O. was old when he was still with the Eagles.
In an interview yesterday, he has supposedly aggravated a hamstring injury. I ain't understood how he got injured as he ain't been on the practice field long enough to break a sweat yet. Living up to his love of himself he said "T.O. don't need no practice, T.O. will play great without it."

Now, I ain't ever been a Cowboys fan, but I can see where Parcells would be looking to rid the team of this guy!

warpaint":29eo8v9b said:

His prima donna attitude and his habit of referring to hisself as T.O. was old when he was still with the Eagles.
In an interview yesterday, he has supposedly aggravated a hamstring injury. I ain't understood how he got injured as he ain't been on the practice field long enough to break a sweat yet. Living up to his love of himself he said "T.O. don't need no practice, T.O. will play great without it."

Now, I ain't ever been a Cowboys fan, but I can see where Parcells would be looking to rid the team of this guy!

Haven't follow the Cowboys in a long time. Can't stand Jerry Jones. Last Cowboy game I went to was 13 years ago...Aikman was still quarterbacking.

Thing is, Parcells isn't going to be able to control this character if Jerry Jones doesn't keep his nose out of it and let Parcells be the coach and the final word in regard to T.O.

I sure do miss doomsday defence days. Now, those were some games!

Just my 2 cents.

Alice

Dallas still has a team? Haven't paid attention since Dandy Don retired

dun

I dislike T.O. as much as the next guy. But Dallas needed a wide receiver opposite Terry Glenn. So they got the best in the business. Since both Bill and Jerry have had a successful history of dealing with players with off the field issues, they figure they will be able to handle this. The media is making the T.O. injury situation out to be a lot worse than it is, Steve Smith and Hines Ward have been out just as long, if not more, with the same injury and they dont get scrutinized like T.O. Now that is b/c he is T.O. and he is on the Dallas Cowboys... America's Team. I think that once the regular season gets here, he will be all healed up and ready to go. Most people dont realize it, but he rode the bike most of training camps in San Francisco and Philly.

Its been a bunch of years since Dallas took the character of there players into question.

As a Steeler's fan I use to consider them worthy and admirable opponents in the late 70's early 80's but its been about that long since I had any respect for them.

aplusmnt":2rjuiuha said:
Its been a bunch of years since Dallas took the character of there players into question.

As a Steeler's fan I use to consider them worthy and admirable opponents in the late 70's early 80's but its been about that long since I had any respect for them.

Me too...and there was a time I was a rabid Cowboy fan, and I lived for those Cowboy/Steelers and Cowboy/Redskin games. Not anymore...heck, I don't even watch the Cowboys play anymore.

Alice

I guess i'm too young to remember the "good 'ol days". I started paying attention to the Cowboys I guess it was '91 or so... Troys first year, when they won like 1 game. I guess that put me at about 7 years old. Been a fan since, not so much of ownership, but i like Jerry for some reason, but mostly b/c they are the hometown team, and America's team.

Ryan":31fqads6 said:
I guess i'm too young to remember the "good 'ol days". I started paying attention to the Cowboys I guess it was '91 or so... Troys first year, when they won like 1 game. I guess that put me at about 7 years old. Been a fan since, not so much of ownership, but i like Jerry for some reason, but mostly b/c they are the hometown team, and America's team.

Whoo boy...I swore I'd never start that, "I remember when, blah, blah, blah..." and now I have. Yuck on me...my bad. :oops:

Ok, from now on, I will never start that, "I remember when, blah, blah, blah..." (But I still can't stand Jerry Jones.) :x

Alice

warpaint":5bifkxqk said:

Marvin Harrison will catch 2 for every 1 of TO's. You won't hear much about him. The nuts get the publicity. Go Colts! Our new slogan "This is the year we won't blow it. Really."

Jerry Jones fired Landry. I'll never forgive him. He could have offered him a job as a scout or something and let him retire. Instead he bought the team as if his only objective was to fire him.

Now he signs T.O. What in the world is he thinking? If T.O. gave him the superbowl I wouldn't care. I am not watching until T.O. is gone.

I would nave been proud to support the Cowboys if they never won another game so long as Landry was at the helm.

I actually cried when Landry was inducted into the ring of honor. I sat there in the living room just a boohooing at that half time. My daughters had never seen me cry and they didn't know what the heck to think. (kind of funny now) They were like 13 and 15 years old at the time. Daddy and Grandaddy were already dead. They didn't get to share the moment with me. I got to thinking about that and the tears just started falling and I couldn't quit. go figure.

No more tears here. I can't support anything that has T.O. as a part of it.

Cowboys were a class act when Tex Stram and Tom Landry at the wheel.

They have been total trash since. I always hated the Cowboys because of their fans. You would have thought they were playing on the field listening to them talk.

how many cowboys players have been convicted?? I know there are a few. they need to get good players, but not ones that go drink and run people over

I don't follow football much but even in Texas the cowboys are a joke

AngusSenorita":2snjpwj2 said:
how many cowboys players have been convicted?? I know there are a few. they need to get good players, but not ones that go drink and run people over

I don't follow football much but even in Texas the cowboys are a joke

The only one i can think of actually being convicted was the defensive back that ran over a couple people last year on the highway, cant remember his name right now. If I remember correctly Michael Irvin was never convicted of anything.

The Cowboys arent actually as bad as everyone makes them to be. Just a wild one here and there. For every Irvin there is an Aikman, Emmit, Moose, and Jay Novacek...all class act people....just like there are many class act players on the team now like Row Williams, Drew Bledsoe, Greg Ellis (although he isnt a happy camper right now, he still does his job).

Also..along these lines... everyone criticizes them for passing on Randy Moss and taking Greg Ellis...why did they choose who they chose??? Character. But everyone was critical of them for that choice, now when they choose a similar wide reciever they get criticized just the same... looks like a no win situation.

there are very few professional athletes that i have much respect for. some are so vain about themselves, and how good they are. i know they train hard, and take risks that could change thier lives forever, but dadgummit, so do firemen, policemen, etc....maybe if the athletes could be just alittle more humble, and act like they are greatful for the talent that they have been given, and show some taste, self control, and respect, instead of how lucky we all are to be able to see them play. not all of them are like this, im sure, i aint going to lump em all togather in one big self serving pile, but for the bad ones, they need to grow up. for the good ones keep on playing.

samm

Ryan":jhvoffgd said:
b/c they are the hometown team, and America's team.

Being called America's team was a saying and reputation they earned from the older days. I doubt many Americans want to accept them as their mascot.

aplusmnt":34v50sae said:
Ryan":34v50sae said:
b/c they are the hometown team, and America's team.

Being called America's team was a saying and reputation they earned from the older days. I doubt many Americans want to accept them as their mascot.

I can understand that. But, at the same time last season when they played in San Diego, when the Cowboys scored the crowd was just as loud as when San Diego scored.... similar things occured at other stadiums as well, just remember that being a big deal when it happend.

But I do agree that right now "America's Team" might not be the most fitting, but if they start winning again I'm sure it'll be used a lot.

I've been a die-hard Bears fan all my life, but always liked Parcells. I like those no nonsense guys like him, Ditka, Buddy Ryan, Bill Cowher, and a few others. Been wanting him to do well down there, but other than that don't care about the Cowboys one way or another.

P.S. I don't know who came up with that "America's Team" stuff or why, but sure doesn't apply up here. This is Bears and Colts country.

VanC":edx50y92 said:
P.S. I don't know who came up with that "America's Team" stuff or why, but sure doesn't apply up here. This is Bears and Colts country.

I think it is one of those urban legends. We should probably have Dun snopes it for us :lol:

And if they are really America's team I bet it had more to do with the Cheerleaders than the Team ;-)

aplusmnt":3it27bq2 said:
VanC":3it27bq2 said:

I think it is one of those urban legends. We should probably have Dun snopes it for us :lol:

And if they are really America's team I bet it had more to do with the Cheerleaders than the Team ;-)

Yup, that's probably it. My mistake. You know you're getting old when you talk about the Cowboys and forget about the cheerleaders. :oops:

VanC":3juto786 said:
aplusmnt":3juto786 said:
VanC":3juto786 said:

Yup, that's probably it. My mistake. You know you're getting old when you talk about the Cowboys and forget about the cheerleaders. :oops:

Shame on you!

Alice

Latest posts