What to get boss for Christmas

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally?

I like the little vixen in her! :lol: Beats the mundane... :D

Besides...she's a Southern girl.

Anyway........back to what to get the boss for Christmas...I vote nothing!

Alice

1848":m4jme6sr said:
Frankie":m4jme6sr said:
So how many pounds of beef did Montana Range sell last year? Are you avoiding the question? :lol: :lol:

Why does it always have to be personal? :roll:

I bet you were a cheerleader in High School.... :shock: :lol: :lol:

It doesn't have to be personal. But guest25 always makes it that way. I put out a perfectly legit suggestion for a gift. He slammed CAB. Now you're jumping in and trying to save his hide. Won't work.

Guest25, how many pounds of Montana Range beef sold last year? CAB sold 543 million pounds. $200 million in value-based grid premiums have been paid for cattle accepted into the brand. Millions more have been paid to producers who sold black hided cattle that might not have made it into the program. :D

http://www.cattlenetwork.com/Content.as ... ntID=83812

1848":208e3kg2 said:
Personally?

Me too!!!! ;-) Besides we have not had a good slobber knocker, thread locking in a while anyway.

Frankie":5vu8aeej said:
...It doesn't have to be personal. But guest25 always makes it that way. I put out a perfectly legit suggestion for a gift. He slammed CAB. Now you're jumping in and trying to save his hide. Won't work.

Save his "hide"....that's funny! :lol:

It'll be ok Frankie...take a breath...but think about it....the gift.... CAB steaks? :shock:

Put the Angus Assoc. magazine down and walk away.....for a while :)

I think you kinda opened the door...a little...hoping those flys would come in on the honey....then you could smash them.. :D

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :p :lol:

Scotty":2f17he0x said:
1848":2f17he0x said:
Personally?

Me too!!!! ;-) Besides we have not had a good slobber knocker, thread locking in a while anyway.

I'm doing my part! :p

I agree with Alice though...It's supposed to be about an xmas gift. I wouldn't want to be the author of this thread and get all the notifications hoping they would be ideas for the gift and find out it's a cat fight!.. ..which has gone off into left field :lol: :lol:

My gifts better....no it's not...yes it is...no it's not....is too...is not.... :roll: :lol:

guest25":3rm0ul2q said:
frankie idont have to slam cab they are doing a good job for them selves with those premiums about the size of those ribeyes you like and no muscle and all that excess fat. having to scramble and regroup cause they arent meeting market demand with ribeye size and excess fat.

as far as who asked what anybody who can read knows you never admit to being wrong or wont come back on a post where someone has shown you the facts yea you the great debater only one sided do you debate. tuck your tail and run when the facts hit the fan or cry someones trying to save my hide you with all the cheerleaders. dont detect insecurity here do we or frustration for being
wrong on the johnes thread do we.

now as for my sugestion about pied steaks i meant it as a far superior gift one that would really be appreciated.

now what about the public taste testing forum are you scared if not then lets do it and you will see where the rubber meets the road. i aint joking about the challenge

now what about the johne's thread.

when i mentioned scrupples thats just what i said and meant to say.

now as far as what montana range sold i dont know but i do know this what they did sell was what the market is demanding not what some cab program is craming down the consumers throats by writing standards to fit inferior carcasses in the first place.

now about loose maw admitting shes wrong when she is if she would do it one time it might get easier each time. according to her though angus is the only breed that brings anything to the table when the facts are angus is the cause of the disproportions in ribeyes and fat and lack of muscle in the industry today.

now about threads being locked go back and study some shes involved in for the most part they are locked when shes going down for the count and gasping for air. she calls on her forces or locks them herself.

You know, your constant babble about Piedmontese and johne's disease is getting REALLY annoying. Talk about going through life with tunnel vision!! Jeez, kid, give it a rest!! What are you, about 12, maybe 13?

P.S. If Pieds were the only breed of cattle left on earth I would quit eating beef, thanks to you.

guest25":1xs7a03h said:
frankie idont have to slam cab they are doing a good job for them selves with those premiums about the size of those ribeyes you like and no muscle and all that excess fat. having to scramble and regroup cause they arent meeting market demand with ribeye size and excess fat.

CAB sold half a billion pounds last year. You can keep slamming them all day, but they are producing what consumers want and will pay a premium for. How many pounds of Montana Range did your breed sell last year? That tells me consumers prefer CAB to Montana Range.

as far as who asked what anybody who can read knows you never admit to being wrong or wont come back on a post where someone has shown you the facts yea you the great debater only one sided do you debate. tuck your tail and run when the facts hit the fan or cry someones trying to save my hide you with all the cheerleaders. dont detect insecurity here do we or frustration for being
wrong on the johnes thread do we.

You said: The Angus Assn said Johnes was "prevalant" in the Angus breed.

You never posted any proof.

You said: Johnes could be passed in semen.

You never posted any proof.

You said: "the scientific community who are leaning towards it being one in the same disease."

The University of Wisconsin says "However, no connection has been shown between contact with animals with Johne's disease or milk consumption and Crohn's disease."

You said: "johne's can stay in the pasture and heat nor cold can kill it"

The University of Wisconsin says "However, if soil or water is contaminated with this bacterium, it can survive there for over a year because of its resistance to heat, cold and drying."

You claim 80% of the cattle herds are infected.
The University of Wisconsin says "7.8% of the beef herds". You found a magazine article to support your claim. People on these boards have good sense. They can read both sources and make up their minds.

Link to the University of Wisconsin FAQs on Johnes:

http://www.johnes.org/general/faqs.html#4

Oklahoma has about 5 million head of cattle. Last year there were twenty (20) positive cases of Johnes identified in BOTH dairy and beef herds. When/if it gets serious in the state, my vet will recommend we test and we will.

http://www.oda.state.ok.us/forms/ais/johnesdisease.pdf

now as for my sugestion about pied steaks i meant it as a far superior gift one that would really be appreciated.

No, you meant it as a slam on CAB. Your comments about excess fat, small rib eyes, etc., are not acceptable.

now what about the public taste testing forum are you scared if not then lets do it and you will see where the rubber meets the road. i aint joking about the challenge

Get real. People vote every day with their money as to which branded beef they prefer. HALF A BILLION POUNDS of CAB were sold last year. We'll probably sell more this year.

now what about the johne's thread.

when i mentioned scrupples thats just what i said and meant to say.

See above. You wouldn't know a fact if it spit in your face. You're the one who had a positive Johnes herd and took them to the sale barn, not me.

now as far as what montana range sold i dont know but i do know this what they did sell was what the market is demanding not what some cab program is craming down the consumers throats by writing standards to fit inferior carcasses in the first place.

You don't know what Montana Range sold? Maybe they didn't sell anything? I guess they must not be selling what the market is demanding. :D No one is cramming CAB down anyone's throat. Consumers pay a premium for CAB over and over. HALF A BILLION POUNDS.

now about loose maw admitting shes wrong when she is if she would do it one time it might get easier each time. according to her though angus is the only breed that brings anything to the table when the facts are angus is the cause of the disproportions in ribeyes and fat and lack of muscle in the industry today.

I can and have admitted when I'm wrong. But I'm not wrong this time. See above. IMO, your threads slamming the beef industry should not be allowed on this board. Your ridiculous claims that 80% of the herds in the US are infected, that if people eat beef or drink milk, they are exposed to a dangerous disease when there is no proven link are wrong and IMO should not be allowed on this board.

now about threads being locked go back and study some shes involved in for the most part they are locked when shes going down for the count and gasping for air. she calls on her forces or locks them herself.

You are soooo funny. According to you I have such powers! You have never put me down for the count. I try my best to ignore you, but you just won't leave me alone. So I've answered your questions about Johnes. You're wrong; I'm right. I've posted a link to the University of Wisconsin (your link, BTW) that shows you're wrong.

guest25,

You also don't have to answer!

Save it for another thread. :roll:

Now back to business....for the boss.

How about an ant farm for the office...so he can break into animals and farming real easy like! :D

Having the devious, evil mind I have I would create a plot within the workplace for every one to give him a food platter just before lunch. Include a couple of bottles of champange. You'll find out real quick what kind of boss he is. He'll either be a jerk and haul it all home or he'll laugh and say to heck with the rest of the day and put the food and drink on the conference room table.Z

MillIronQH":6c3yikg9 said:
Having the devious, evil mind I have I would create a plot within the workplace for every one to give him a food platter just before lunch. Include a couple of bottles of champange. You'll find out real quick what kind of boss he is. He'll either be a jerk and haul it all home or he'll laugh and say to heck with the rest of the day and put the food and drink on the conference room table.Z

;-)

guest25":i1qh2fum said:
let me see if i get this correctly all the red angus hype and black angus hype that constantly gets posted and you are offended by the mention of pieds or johnes. my old daddy used to say a man dont have to listen to nothing he dont want to.

so heres an idea for the tunnel vision if you see i have posted something and you dont like what i post just dont click on it and your problems with it will be solved.

Never said I was offended, just annoyed. There's a difference. And the "mention of pieds or johnes" is not a problem. It's the "mention of pieds or johnes" every time you post, in every thread, no matter what that thread was originally about, that's gotten real old, real fast.

But you're right. You post what you want and I won't read it. You have nothing to offer, anyway.

guest25":13xut5o0 said:
let me see if i get this correctly all the red angus hype and black angus hype that constantly gets posted and you are offended by the mention of pieds or johnes. my old daddy used to say a man dont have to listen to nothing he dont want to.

so heres an idea for the tunnel vision if you see i have posted something and you dont like what i post just dont click on it and your problems with it will be solved.

Problem is you corrupt every thread with your slants and bias. Every thread turns into a battle ground. Keep your fights contained and we'll stay out of them. Don't spread the plague to every thread.

1848":fmshsq4y said:
guest25,

You also don't have to answer!

Save it for another thread. :roll:

Now back to business....for the boss.

How about an ant farm for the office...so he can break into animals and farming real easy like! :D

Do you even read those words? After all those years of speed reading, and his sentences aren't punctuated, I skip his posts. Reading that garb takes forever. Figure he has no formal education in the first place.

Get the boss a gift card.

Here this is directed at every post that you state were CAB is crap and you and your cattle are the best (except for the ones with johnes disease). You proved nothing and I believe, no I know you are a stupider person for having done so. MACON! I love your site and really respect the way you and your mods operate it. If it is not to much to ask could we have CHRISTMAS early and ban gueste25. I will buy another semen tank from you after news years with my refund if you do.

Your loyal customer,

Scotty

Guest 25,

Give it a rest. Give all of us a rest.

Thank you.

Do you all not get tired of this? Talk about hijacking a thread! :eek:

Alice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts