What to do

Help Support CattleToday:

3LEGGED1

Reaction score
Hello all,just looking for alittle advice.What would you do if you had plenty of grass.Flyweights are down some,long breds and pair are high,when you see a nice one at the sale barn,you would think they were giving away free hot dogs with all the hands up.man I sure hate fooling those little rascals in the summer.So what you think,keep my hands in my pockets :D

I have been buying some of the pairs but I agree they are high.I also have bought several 250-350lb calves that just look like they need some better care. Here it seems 600-650 lb bull calves are the cheapest thing going.

That funny we ain't that far apart. I'm in north ga, and six weight are up. More than likey going to go with the flyweights or some thin pairs. Just turned some hay ground into pasture.

We have so much grass this year that thin cattle are almost non-existant. I like pairs much better but hard to get his year. The lightweights looks like if they live they will make money.

Lets keep are fingers crossed.Last summer I went through a good bit of lime, but still made alittle.

Latest posts