What should I watch?

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
I'm running out of TV shows that are decent to watch.. I like watching something before bed, and I certainly go through a fair bit at calving time... I like old stuff and new stuff... Here's a partial list of things I've watched and enjoyed.. I'm especially running low on 1/2 hour series as I often don't have it in me to last a whole hour!

McHale's Navy
F troop (such a take on McHales Navy.. or vice versa.. don't know which was earlier)
Macgyver (I had to see what all the fuss was about.. )
Magnum PI
House MD (really enjoyed it.. Hugh Laurie is a great actor)
Hill Street Blues (really liked it)
NYPD blue (was really good too, but got away with less character development than Hill St and substituted it with racier language and scenes)
NCIS
Dukes of Hazzard
Harry's Law (didn't last nearly long enough)
Deadwood (Again, got cut off at midway)
Person of Interest
Bunheads (gorgeous lead actress and dancer goes a long way!)
CSI (hate Miami, the rest is OK... )
Castle (The perfect writer with a perfect life)
Californication (the F'd up writer with a F'd up life!)
Firefly - Space cowboys... For as cheesy as it sounds, it was pretty darned good.. only ran 1 season though
Foyle's War.. REALLY good british TV series about life as a domestic detective during WW2
Keeping up appearances.. a funny british comedy about a white collar retiring man, and his aspiring to be upper-class wife..
Looney Tunes and Warner Brothers.. the entire works from 1930-1970... a whole lot of laughs in 7 minutes!
Sopranos... Gruelling to watch sometimes, but a very good series
The Job - Dennis Leary is a police detective!.. a good take on all the police dramas out there.. Well cast too
The Mentalist... OK, got bored of it after a while though.. I'm a couple seasons behind
True blood.. Not my style, ditto for walking dead

Anyone have any suggestions?

Of all you listed, theo nly ones I've ever watched were McHales Navy and F-Troop

The bridge, Longmire, are a couple good shows there are some new ones out that are pretty good ill have look up the name of them.

M5farm":1hin3q2v said:
The bridge, Longmire, are a couple good shows there are some new ones out that are pretty good ill have look up the name of them.
2 more I've never heard of

dun":3hq4bsmi said:
M5farm":3hq4bsmi said:
2 more I've never heard of

Gotta admit I haven't either.

I had at least heard of the ones on the original list and I've seen a few more than dun.

Breaking Bad. I didn't think I would like it, but once you get in to it the evolution of the characters and the foreshadowing keeps you on your toes.

Get the DVDs of "fall and rise of reginald perrin" that should keep you entertained for a while.

Foyle's War or House MD

I think Gregory House and I would have a great time should I ever be in his imaginary TV hospital.
sarcasm is such a wonderful tool!!!

M5farm":2a6kstgt said:

I am trying to like Longmire but once in a while they say something that is just so wrong that I have to go outside.

Ditto M5 on Longmire
Sherlock ( the British version)
Murdoch Mysteries (the Canadian series, haven't seen the older movies)
Justified
Revolution

I like Alaskas Frontier. (Real life situations of a cattle ranching family.)
Most anything on the History and Science channels. Some on the Animal Chanel.
But maybe you don't get those where you are at........

Have you watched "Serenity"? It's the movie continuation/wrap up of "Firefly"
Son got me a Roku,so I've been watching a lot of "Colombo" and "Dragnet" Not much on regular tv.
Fox took "Almost Human" off,it was pretty good.

I get enough Trailer park boys by watching a couple minutes here or there.

I don't own a TV, and don't want to either, I watch what I hear is good on the puter.

I do have Breaking bad, but haven't started watching it yet... I'm particularly short of 1/2 hour shows, thus, I"m rewatching McHales Navy. I will see if I can get some of the other shows.

As for the history channel, a quote that comes to mind is "History is written by the winners, not the losers"... I do like some of their shows however.

Perhaps I'll look at getting the Simpsons and Futurama... Southpark has good pointed political humour, but it's spoiled by crudeness... One episode I remember is when "Smug" (not smog) was engulfing the US, There were big clouds of it emitted by all the people driving Prius's, and a cloud of it from the northeast was going to expand to the point it was going to join with the cloud coming from the Southwest. King of the hill was just lame all around. The easier it is for people to do animation, the lower a quality they produce... You look at Looney tunes and the animation there, all hand drawn, and very well done.. Now with computers, you have Southpark and Spongebob.. a F- for animation quality... Simpsons has kept it a bit better still.

Peg, yes, I have watched Serenity... I liked the series as well as the movie.

I've been looking for the movie Not Quite Human, but can't seem to find it.. It's one of those memory movies for me that go along with Short Circuit and Back to the future!

Latest posts