What kind of Christmas tree?

Help Support CattleToday:

I love the Douglas Fir and use it for our big tree in the living room, but with the pup this year, I think I'm going to skip the big live tree and make do with my smaller, decorative ones.

We have a plain old cedar that grows wild out in this part of the country. Cut it, put it on the stand, use the hudge trimmers to shape it "just right" and enjoy the sweet odor. BUT will have to wrap it in a sheet or something to take it out as so many of the needles will be dry and brittle.

c farmer":3sq4u6gv said:
We have a nice fake tree, very low maintance. :lol2: :lol2:
just like me. If we had a real one, which I would love, I would spend Christmas sneezing, unable to breath and coming out in a lovely shade of red rash. :frowns:

Our's comes out of the box as well. Our son always has some comment about it as he misses going out and cutting one in the woods.
The darndest thing about cutting a wild tree is that they always seem to be perfect when we size one up and cut it down..darned things just double in size when we try to get inside. One year we hauled a perfectly shaped tree down the mountain and into the house and had to shorten it a few feet and it still took up half of the living room.
After almost loosing Susie in a snow drift one year we decided to hit the after Christmas sales and bought a nice pre-lit tree that fits perfectly right in front of the mirror between the TV and the couch and we still have room for our annual open house.
Dave Mc

Susie David":2vjp3nfa said:
Our's comes out of the box as well. Our son always has some comment about it as he misses going out and cutting one in the woods.
The darndest thing about cutting a wild tree is that they always seem to be perfect when we size one up and cut it down..darned things just double in size when we try to get inside. One year we hauled a perfectly shaped tree down the mountain and into the house and had to shorten it a few feet and it still took up half of the living room.
After almost loosing Susie in a snow drift one year we decided to hit the after Christmas sales and bought a nice pre-lit tree that fits perfectly right in front of the mirror between the TV and the couch and we still have room for our annual open house.
Dave Mc

:lol: Funny how fast they grow...

Call me scrooge but their just isn't the need around here for one. Haven't had one in about 8 years.

None for about the last 15 years. Kind of pointless with just me and the old woman around. We don't believe in Santa Claus either, btw.

Jim62":1atfhwxz said:
None for about the last 15 years. Kind of pointless with just me and the old woman around. We don't believe in Santa Claus either, btw.

Jim that sounds just like you.....I'm calling the Easter Bunny to tell him not to waste his time either. :lol2: :lol2:

Jim....GASP SHOCK HORROR dont beleive in Santa....How could you, another elf dies. How do you get your prezzies? and think all those men in the Department stores out of work..
11DA35122.gif

We have a christmas tree farm about 5 miles from us, every year we go cut down "the best Christmas Tree ever" I like the green evergreens, it has to have a nice top and smell good too.

Not to change the subject but did they ever find that couple in Oregon that went to cut a tree down in the mountains and went missing last week?

GMN

Synthetic. Fiber optic type.

We tried the live ones for years and planted each one after Christmas. Expensive and we stayed 0 fer.

backhoeboogie":1i6qirzu said:

We tried the live ones for years and planted each one after Christmas. Expensive and we stayed 0 fer.

Boogie..you're lucky those suckers died....you probably would have cut them down by now anyway......absolutely worthless. ;-)

TexasBred":3a7mjqdl said:
backhoeboogie":3a7mjqdl said:

Boogie..you're lucky those suckers died....you probably would have cut them down by now anyway......absolutely worthless. ;-)

You must have experience with this?

That is exactly what a guy did about a half mile from the house. He had around 6 if I remember correctly. One day they were all gone.

I think it is a feel good thang to plant the tree afterward.

backhoeboogie":15jko12u said:
TexasBred":15jko12u said:
backhoeboogie":15jko12u said:

You must have experience with this?

That is exactly what a guy did about a half mile from the house. He had around 6 if I remember correctly. One day they were all gone.

I think it is a feel good thang to plant the tree afterward.

Planting the tree offsets the carbon from the lump of coal in your stocking.