What i've been doing

Help Support CattleToday:

LRTX1

Reaction score
I have spent the better part of my free time for the past 2 weeks building a coffee table set. I am not a finished carpenter by any means but found great enjoyment in trying to be one.

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0313.jpg

DSC_0312.jpg

Thanks, it is supposed to be a farmhouse style table, I wanted to see the imperfections in the wood and in the fit of construction. It was made with construction grade fir/pine stud boards... :D

Got just over 100 bucks in everything for that table and 2 end tables.

That looks really nice. It also looks like you got the hang of figuring the saw kerf pretty well to get things so tight. :tiphat:

Nice. I was thinking about something similar but when I do stuff like that you can see ALL the imperfections in the wood and the construction... and the craftsmanship. :lol: Looks like you have a knack for it.

Jogeephus":3kpb2p0w said:
That looks really nice. It also looks like you got the hang of figuring the saw kerf pretty well to get things so tight. :tiphat:

Well, I do have a pile of boards left over that are an 1/8" too short. :dunce:

LRTX1":2cer96ro said:
Jogeephus":2cer96ro said:

Well, I do have a pile of boards left over that are an 1/8" too short. :dunce:

NOw you can make all those step stools you have been wanting.LOLOL

That kerf is a biatch. :nod: I made an octaganal gazebo ONCE. 1/8" adds up to an inch off when finished. Go figure. I'd rather have my butt beat with a tire tool than take on another gazebo.

I wound up drawing my cut marks with a knife and double checking which side to cut on. A square cut jig for the circular saw helped a whole lot too.

When i made our beds it was much easier to do the bigger one than the 2 smaller ones. Just simple
Post and tenon construction. But getting everything square and level was a bear.

Latest posts